CreatureS hit the headlines a year back when Singaporean foodies began to notice its richly-flavoured, intoxicatingly-heady durian spongecake. Hits the spot where durian-lovers such as I am concerned.
But besides that, CreatureS also offers Singaporeans familiar flavours wih its updated takes on traditional local foods.
What we had for lunch:
- CreatureS (Nyonya) Laksa, with fresh prawns, chicken, fishcake, quail’s eggs, tofu puffs and shredded cucumbers, in a creamy coconut creme-infused, spicy laksa broth.
- CreatureS crayfish Hokkien mee, with fresh crayfish, tiger prawns, squid, pork lardons, flying fish roe (tobiko) & a side of sambal belacan.
- CreatureS signature durian cake - pandan Genoise sponge, pandan vanilla Chantilly creme & Mao Shan Wang durian paste.
- Cempedak loaf tea-cake - cempedak (jackfruit) tea sponge, cempdeak bites, Swiss meringue buttercream and coconut ice-cream.
- Blue latte (tinted with bunga telang)
- Yellow watermelon-mint soda.
- Iced longan-red date drink.
CreatureS is a beautifully-designed cafe, serving well-plated food with delicious familiar Singaporean flavours. Service is effusive and efficient. One of my go-to spots for a good meal these days.
120 Desker Road
Tel: +65 6291 6996
Opening hours: 12 noon - 10.30pm daily, except Monday