[Singapore] Lobster pot pie from Luke's Oyster Bar & Chop House

Heard quite a bit about the lobster pot pie from Luke’s Oyster Bar & Chop House - yes, that posh eatery hidden away in quiet corner of Robinson’s Department Store at the Heeren. It’s almost like a speakeasy restaurant - my 3rd time there and I still got lost for a few minutes trying to locate it.

But once in, you come into a sleek, well-designed dining area which made good use of its long, narrow space.

Dining alone, I rather prefer a seat at the bar counter, which also afforded a nice view of Orchard Road below:

Lovely warm cornbread served with a slab of good butter, dusted with paprika.

Starter: Oysters “Lukefeller” - with spinach, Pernod and parsley.

Main course and the piece de resistance: Luke’s Lobster Pot Pie, with spring vegetables, truffle oil, tarragon and puff pastry. They were right, it was to-die for. Every now and then, you come across a dish where everything on the plate just came together perfectly - the creamy, seafood flavours, heightened by the heavy, delicious aroma from the truffle oil, the oh-so-fresh lobster meat, the sweetness from the onions, contrasting with the potato cubes, topped by buttery, feathery-light puff pastry. Perfection.

Dessert was a Blue Label Sundae, with hot fudge, candied walnuts and whipped cream. It was fine, but a tad too heavy after the pie.

Address
Luke’s Oyster Bar & Chop House
260 Orchard Road,
03-02, The Heeren
Singapore 238855
Tel: +65 6733 4813
Operating hours: 12noon–10pm daily

4 Likes