Sing Sing Kill Brewery in Ossining, NY

Stopped in here for a snack and beer sampling after a great hike across the river at Storm King Mountain on Sunday afternoon. Very nice little spot! They serve their own brews as well as a rotating selection of guest brews from other upstate NY breweries, cider houses, meaderies, etc. I am not a beer connoisseur, but I enjoyed their cream ale as well as a terrific dry cider from King’s Highway, a cider house north of Amenia on 22.

DH, who is a beer connoisseur, was less impressed, finding their IPAs a bit weak. He did like the Cascade Smash enough to buy a couple of cans to take home, though. Staff was attentive and the overall vibe was very chill. We were pretty hungry and didn’t realize until we got there that they don’t have a real menu; however, we found out after the fact that they encourage people to order in from local restaurants or bring their own food. We made do with an empanada and a tomato tart from their menu - these are supplied by Baked by Susan, a local bakery, and they were both quite delicious - nice flaky dough! We’ll be back.

2 Likes

Can’t speak to SS Kill beer–will have to check it out!–but I do love Baked by Susan’s empanadas! :slight_smile: