Silliness (2018 Thread)

OMG that looks delicious!

I guess you didn’t look too closely at the salad eh?

Why don’t they use packing cardboard things especially designed for transporting eggs? This doesn’t cost anything I guess.

“More curry”. Play on words. In Germany.

Meat dress.

3 Likes

Not really silly… check out the prices back then.

What is this dish? Menu is in Taiwan.

Pizza print is popular in the US but what’s that on his shirt? Donuts? Fruit loops (cereal)?

Hipster restaurant serves food in frying pan.

I was too distracted by the combo. Donut shirt and pizza pants? Froot Loop shirt and pizza pants? Either combo is not very appetizing :nauseated_face:

1 Like

There’s a Twitter feed and a website about weird non-plating.

http://wewantplates.com/

@wewantplates

I remember when McDonald’s first came to Santa Cruz. For the first week hamburgers were $0.12

3E5C717A00000578-0-image-m-30_1489746908887

3E5C8D5D00000578-0-Well_they_do_say_everything_taste_s_like_chicken_The_human_optio-m-95_1489751549402

3 Likes

I really hate it when chicken is rude and unreasonable. :chicken:

These direct translation errors are my favorites. I think if I ever opened a restaurant I’d include them on purpose - they make me smile so much.

3 Likes

There are lawyer salads on the English menus of half the restaurants in France. “Avocat” is, bizarrely, the word for both lawyer and avocado.

But it makes me giggle.

These faux commercials are really well done. (Read/scroll through the text to get to the videos).

Saw the photos on that site… my god! So glad I’m not from “Generation Me” (AKA “millennials”)!

Whilst walking back to my lodging the other day I did see food served in frying pans in a restaurant. I stopped and pointed at it to my partner who said “new low”. People on the other side of the big glass windows thought we were considering eating there.

Another Chinese menu. But what is this dish, though?

Both Indian and Chinese food in 1 place. Is it in Malaysia? Could be.

Only 50 dollars? Youtube is a must.

Got a free pizza!

Mushroom. they share the same character.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Fungus is different from bacteria.

Is that different from one of those breakfasts served in a cast-iron skillet? 'Cause those have been around for (at least) decades.

skillet

1 Like

No, just a (standard) frying pan. It was dinner. In Namibia.

There a very well known restaurant here in Boston (The Daily Catch in North End) that serves all of their dishes in the frying pan in which they were cooked. Or at least all their pasta dishes, which is the bulk of the menu.

Is one supposed to eat straight from the pan with knife and fork?

Just curious. I have not experienced this new serving style. What I saw (and in photos online) there was no plate on the table.