Silliness (2018 Thread)

Could this be real? There’s a certain amount of water allowed to be injected, we all know that. You can already see through the plastic packaging that it doesn’t have a solid meat shape of a ribeye steak.

Got tricked again.

For the price of broccoli florets.

New food to me.

Just a lump of sugar then.

1 Like

FYI I"m 99% sure they sell that “rib eye” steak at my local dollar store. No joke. I remember seeing “steaks” in the fridge case so I had to check out what kind of steak you could buy for $1., pretty sure that was the brand.

But it’s OK to be called “ribeye”/“sirloin” etc? Well, for a buck they (the producer) can say “what the hell do you expect?”.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe they should have called it “Rib-I” steak. lol

True story, I use to own a restaurant called The Manhattan Steak House, I was being threatened with a law suit over the name, so I incorporated the name " The Man Hat On Steak House" and said, go ahead and sue me, I’ll just use my new corporation. They eventually dropped the suit.

3 Likes

Who was threatening the lawsuit?

It was really about the right to use the name dispute between the landlord, previous owner and myself (the buyer).

Saw this chocolate bar in Indonesia. Obviously to need to eat 2.

3 Likes

I think they meant plum wine??

If this is in Asia I think I’ve heard of that. They have a plumber come squat by your table and you keep the wine secure in the plumbers crack instead of a wine bucket or holder. You know those crazy Asians!!

2 Likes

I think I was at that place in Taipei a long time ago… but I really don’t remember that night very well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So, I’m not the only one being juvenile. :grin:
Some products have funny names in non-English speaking countries.

And you thought you have seen it all…

O.m.g.! Almost like in Chile. I don’t eat mayo and when ordering in Chile I had to mention “sin mayonesa, por favor” knowing they put it on just about everything. And not just a little bit, no. Half a jar on your food, plus on the side in case you need more.

:joy:

Never saw the movie because he’s in it.

3 Likes

Love the shoes!

Agree with Thimes - love the shoes, but holy HELL on that mayo sandwich! At least I think it’s a sandwich under all of that glop.

1 Like

My man made it once. It’s ridiculously time-consuming to make it, and yeah… kind of a letdown.

Like the lamest yet most involved pasta bake of all times.

This cracked me up, I wish I had thought of it!

http://www.justincousson.com/passiveaggressive-art-gallery/

2 Likes

@Babette, I’ve seen it before somewhere else but the photos are not as nice as in your link. One of the reasons I can’t live with other people.

Oldie but goodie. Love Far Side.

Corn, for instance. Anything that has (high) sugar content can be used to make alcohol.

Food pron :astonished:

No more peeling.

2 Likes

Those egg logs freak me out … they were popular among some chain restaurants in the late 80’s or 90’s

Betcha this is the s.o.b. that lays those egg logs!

1 Like