Silliness (2018 Thread)

Food automation…

Haha… silly indeed. Turbo mix + fire :confounded:

make me a sandwich

Precedential cocktail

6 Likes

Haha… “nyet” my president. The only Russian word I know.

Is this necessary?

Where is this and is it supposed to be “Borat”?

Thieving gulls always win

:confounded:

2 Likes

I played this video for my husband who often becomes uncomfortable if I get a little picky when we dine out … I wanted him to understand that it was part of my heritage … he noted my face was turning red while we viewed it … he said I was because I was “super identifying”
lol a pretty accurate portrayal of my sister for sure
I am not nearly as bad, but I do have my moments ( the seating the scrambled eggs and the toast :joy:)

1 Like

That’s me to a T! :imp:

Not only that, I am also a slow eater. A server would probably hover around or keep coming back to irritate me til I take a fucking hint? Yeah, I tend to take almost twice as long to eat (and drink). They are “lucky” because I rarely go to a restaurant (unless I’m on holiday of course).

1 Like

Not silly at all. I need this! Every time I use the mandolin I shriek with terror!

It canNOT be delicious, can it? In southern Chile I had mussels the size of my shoes and they were really too much. I prefer small ones.

Really now. I’m meticulous and precise but I don’t have time for this.

Where do they have this system? Avocados here are either rock hard or too ripe it’s inedible.

2 Likes

I love this routine!

1 Like

Some of our stores have a color chart … I learned somewhere to remove the little nub to look at the color underneath it which indicates what the color on the inside is … in combination with a gentle squeeze works every time as a method for picking a perfectly ripe avocado

2 Likes

Not only that, I am also a slow eater

I’ll raise you " I can’t handle scent of any kind"
always a nightmare of a problem

That oyster is absolutely disgusting!! lol Blue Points are my “local” oysters and the most widely available in the NY/NJ region and I have honestly stopped ordering them because their size can get a little to large for me. My oyster rule is one chew, that’s all it get’s, if I cant swallow it comfortably with just one chew then I don’t want it. lol Kumomoto’s are my current favorite.

1 Like

10 Likes

I think I’ll win this one. I have severe hay fever and allergies that can’t be cured with medicine. The only way to avoid it is to get away from the source of the smell. It’s called something like “environmental allergies” and I’m high-risk. 3 trips to China made it worse. Got a thorough check-up when I came home. In China I almost had anaphylaxis reactions, several times. I fell like collapsing whilst eating a meal, for example. Partner paid the bill and we ran as fast as we could to get back to the lodging and closed the door to get away from the pollution. It’s that intense, the pollution and how I was feeling it.

So yes, I can’t stand any scent. It makes me sick to my stomach, quite literally. Sometimes I even vomit. If I don’t vomit I have pneumonia-like symptoms and just suffer a couple of weeks.

On top of this I’m HSP. It’s sensory processing sensitivity. Simply put, I can’t process noise and can’t be in sensory overload kind of environment (well, at least not for long). Many introverts hate noises and HSP is common amongst us. Employees at my regular pubs know and always warn me if they have (big) group reservations on my pub day. I even have my own table, a nice spot a bit away from other people and still near where the employees have to do their work.

It’s hard. Some people wonder how I am still alive.

1 Like

Chowdom wins :punch: We have pretty much the same thing. At least we both know we don’t make this up. LOL…

As for the wine, I always drink so much water alongside my alcohol and almost never have a hangover. Muscle pain the next day yes.

Are these prices during the Super Bowl “silly”?

Beer

Food

Then I checked my picture of McD’s price list in Norway to compare… Holy cow!
(Was curious about the prices in Norway for McD, no idea how much it costs in the US or anywhere else.)

That is the way to go!

For the noodle lovers, especially @Souperman @hyperbowler

(Not mobile phone friendly link)

While I’m sure that’s impressive it’s not nearly as impressive as someone who would routinely set themselves on fire :fire: while doing table side flambé!!! Like someone we all know and love on these boards! (Hint he’s s handsome and charming and deserves his own board!!! Ok ok ok it’s me!!)

VIdeo or it didn’t happen. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I only have still pics of me doing table side flambé I don’t have any video of me actually setting myself on fire, but trust me I wouldn’t make that up!! (Pics are on my work PC so can’t post till Monday)

2 Likes

Sounds like we are being catfished.