Silliness & Food Funnies 2019

It does seem ridiculous to us (relatively) young strong people, but folks with arthritis or poor hand strength might appreciate it. Last winter my neighbor who is in her late 60’s was helping in my kitchen for a day because she thought it would be fun, there was one task that is easy for me but she struggled with due to weak ‘old lady hands’ (her words). I hope I don’t fall prey to old lady hands!

3 Likes

Indeed. I forgot arthritis patients can’t use their hands so well.

I hope there will be a new material that’s more environmentally friendly someday. Oil reserves can’t be unendingly available (oil is used to make plastic).

2 Likes

And plastic is not anywhere near as recyclable as the oil companies let us believe so we’d keep using it for everything :rage:

1 Like

Now I feel obligated to despise everyone at BBC Food, all their progenitors throughout history and all their offspring. I will have to dislike their friends and acquaintances. Their pets. All because Ms. Patel can’t cook rice. No wonder I don’t like people very much. Except Uncle Roger. So far he’s good.

I love crab, and I do have to make sure I suppress any thoughts of how these are essentially water/oceanic bugs. And of course, they do resemble them when you look at them and take them apart. I am really torn by the whole bug thing because scientists acknowledge how many are great sources of protein. Why do I have to have such a bug and worm phobia?

@presunto – that Oster mixer brings back memories! The one I remember from my childhood that my mom used looked quite similar that to that mixer, except of course it was a very hip shade of avocado green. It was Sunbeam brand. Growing up we did not have a lot of money, so why my mom decided to invest in a mixer when she rarely did any baking is a mystery. It was the only kitchen appliance we owned outside of the stove/oven. Funny thing is the mixer died decades ago, but I still have the bowl which I use for bowl-stuff.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Subway’s sub rolls…or are they?

My kind of restaurant

:mask:

Very top priority and it’s not TP

!!!

5 Likes

5 Likes

char-cookie-rie board :rofl:

6 Likes

Where is this? “Disgusting bits” are probably in some things we eat (sausages come to mind). Just because we don’t know doesn’t mean they are not in our food.

Perfect for students or people who don’t cook and don’t clean.

These are Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs. Someone only wanted the “surprises”. I do buy them when there’s something interesting shown on the package. The partner eats the chocolate.

Cube croissant. Ever seen or made this, @Babette?

:scream_cat: The last time Cat invites you over.

2 Likes

ziggy diner

4 Likes

LOL on that translation. I’ve seen pork intestines also translated as pork bunghole in some menus or placards, so that’s not that much better. :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Another miniature “kitchen”

Don’t eat these!

I like the crust but isn’t this a bit too much? Actually, I wouldn’t mind.

No florets like in the photo. None.

3 Likes

oh my, I can’t even with that “kitchen”, I’m halfway to a panic attack just looking at it :scream:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure those are just bedroom kitchens. So you don’t have to go downstairs for coffee and bacon, right?

RIGHT???

2 Likes

A kitchen appliance I have not seen before: operational original 1957 wall mounted fridge.

I like many mysterious things but not usually when it comes to my food…

Was the employee high?

Probably not high but not professional, either.

2 Likes

ziggy cabbage and bean

4 Likes

I used to babysit for a family that had a set of the wall mounted fridges only their’s was the quintessential turquoise.

2 Likes

Thought this was funny; please note I’ve got nothing against Vegans or Witches. :jack_o_lantern:

5 Likes

I am an outcast then. I avoid anything he narrates or stars in because of his voice.

Don’t be using the bbq now. What if the squirrel returns for its stash?

Some people are inconsiderate.

Hahah… guide is complete with emojis.

5 Likes