[Siem Reap, Cambodia] The Conservatory at the Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor

One of the most elegant places for a drink in Siem Reap has to be the Conservatory at the historic Singapore-run Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor.

The Conservatory is bright, spacious and commands a nice view of the hotel’s pool.

My choice of cocktail was the Airavata (rum, Crème de Banana, lime juice, fresh coconut juice, and Malibu) which was served in a vessel which represented the mythical white elephant ridden by Indra, the Hindu King of Gods.
My partner’s cocktail was the Grand D’Angkor Sling (gin, pineapple juice, pandan & galangal syrup, Cointreau, cherry brandy, tamarind and lime juice).

Cocktails are served with a variety of traditional Cambodian dried snacks: dried banana chips and rice rusks.

The Conservatory also served a deluxe version of the ubiquitous Cambodian street-side snack: the Nom Peng sandwich, accompanied by French fries and chruck (pickled carrots & jicama).

The friendly doorman, Thoeun, stood at over 6 feet 4 inches, and is the tallest Cambodian I’d met all week here.

Address
The Conservatory, Grand Hotel d’Angkor
1 Vithei Charles de Gaulle, Khum Svay Dang Kum, Cambodia
Tel: +855 63 963 888
Operating hours: 7.00am to 11.00pm, daily.

5 Likes

wow! i had somehow never seen this post. That place looks cool.

1 Like

It’s Singapore-run - hummed along with quiet efficiency so typical of Singapore.

1 Like