Shuggie's Trash Pie + Natural Wine [San Francisco, Mission]

I went to Shuggie’s Trash Pie + Natural Wine last weekend looking to try their grandma pizza, but they only had a fried chicken popup menu that weekend. Shuggies has a mission statement of helping to reduce food waste by using surplus produce, offcuts of meat, and similar ingredients. More info here: https://www.shuggiespizza.com/mission

There was a limited menu that day of only the fried chicken sandwich and some smaller dishes, so I had a chicken sandwich.

WORLD FAMOUS FRIED CHICKEN SANDO ($16)
UGLY PICKLE CO. PICKLES, GARLIC AIOLI, SHREDDED ICEBERG, POTATO BUN
This was a pretty good chicken sandwich, with a large patty that dwarfed the small almost slider sized potato bun. A little dry on the outer edges, but the middle part was nice and juicy. I think the chicken was a piece of white meat. The crispy breading had a bit of spice to it. Nice buttery potato bun. And some very good pickles from their pickle shop, Ugly Pickle Co.

Also had the
`TATER TOWER ($9)
SKY HIGH CRISPY POTATO NEST + HOMEMADE KETCHUP IF YA WANT IT
Which was more of a potato pile. This was quite good, very thin matchsticks of potato that were nicely seasoned and crispy. Cool presentation with the very good house-made ketchup.

Also had some natural wine, including a delicious Luca Bevilacqua Red Lab Montepulciano, which was served slightly chilled.

More pictures:

Pop-Up Menu

Bar

Outside

7 Likes

I like the umbrella on the sandwich - a first for me!

1 Like