Should have left it in the past.

Pizza Hut pizza. Specifically the ‘thousand island sauce seafood pizza’. I used to find that amazing as a teenager. It became pretty bad after I tasted some real pizza.

I’m afraid to ask, but I am going to anyway: What is that?

I agree with many here. Burger King whopper, Mc D’s, and especially Oreos. I haven’t gone for the can of ravioli yet, but I used to love that too!! I will say also, the new Hostess orange cupcakes are just not the same at all!

I envy you having a diner with a grilled cheese sandwich on the menu. I don’t think I can find one here in the wilds of Oregon.
I COULD probably find a 4 cheese “gourmet” one for $12.50. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In truth, I was thinking of a friend of mine who lives in Manhattan, and the last time I ate lunch with him at Tom’s diner of “Seinfeld” fame, I got food poisoning!

Where I live in Italy, the local variant of a grilled cheese sandwich is foccacia col formaggio: made with just one kind of local cheese slapped between 2 very thin sheets of pasta, sprinkled with salt, drizzled with olive oil and that’s it! Goes into the oven that way, nothing else ever added:

2 Likes

FWIW, the Cadbury one gets in the UK is very different than the chocolate sold under the “Cadbury” name here in the States . . .

1 Like

I’m in Italy and if there is Cadbury’s around, I’m guessing it would be from the UK. I’m also through Heathrow enough that I could get it there. I think I read recently that Cadbury – even in the UK – changed the goodies in a Fruit & Nut bar (is that what they were called?) and people were up in arms.

But in the world of commercially produced European chocolate, this is my addiction:

Ah, an Italian “quesadilla.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

We loved Whataburger in the 70s until the chain pulled out of this area. Recently they’ve regrouped and opened new joints here in NW Arkansas and I don’t know. They are definitely smaller (even my folks agree the old Whataburger was a platter) and just ok as a burger. But they’ve taken all the business from the Backyard Burger place next door, so there’s some appeal apparently.

Archway cookies were our “treat” when I was a kid, but maybe the softness always was the appeal. There’s not a lot of flavor there these days.

I think the Archway cookies back then had lots of real butter. That’s what I remember.

1 Like

Booberry Cereal. I remember this being a pretty tasty treat as kid. Today, it’s just a pure sugar bomb. Not sure what they changed those puffs to, but it didn’t used to be anywhere near as sweet.

I used to beg for TV dinners too. Finally my mom relented and bought me one. I had to admit she was right, I hated it. Haven’t had one since. (Come to think of it, I probably never had one, because I don’t think I ate that one.)

Apparently its a Hong Kong specific pizza with seafood, tuna, crab stick, pineapple & pepper. Thousand island is a sauce. The pie is made for local taste.

yes.

Well, thanks!

very close in taste and crunch. The cheese used is a fresh, tangy cheese.

4 Hot dogs, sliced into 1/2" pucks, browned in butter. Mix in with one box Kraft Mac-n-Cheese (your choice of color).

20 year old me considered it a well rounded meal…

3 Likes

Just for my knowledge, what are Crab Sticks?
Seafood is mentioned already. Hmmm…

Crab sticks are imitation crab meat, made of starch and some meshed up fish, made to look like a crab leg meat.

1 Like

Thanks! I think…

That gives me the shivers!