Shanghai Dumpling (Cupertino) - Downhill Alert

We used to love coming here. They had excellent XLB. Thin, taut wrappers that were delicate yet never fell apart. The “knob” at the top of the dumpling was somehow impossibly thin given you have 15 or whatever folds coming together.

Went there for lunch yesterday. XLB were terrible. Bottom was probably twice as thick as before. And the “knob” was a disgusting mass of dough. Which on 2 of the 6 had actually broken open.

I’m actually a bit confused, as the same two ladies who have always been behind the window were there pleating. But these were a real disappointment and I don’t think I’ll be going back anytime soon.

Not to mention that a number of our cups and silverware were horribly underwashed with food debris clinging all over.

Come to think about it, I definitely won’t be going back anytime soon.

This is terrible news— their XLB were so good that I pretty much stopped eating them elsewhere :frowning:

i’d be curious to hear if others have noticed anything. i’d love to hear that my experience was a one-time fluke. but man, these were really bad yesterday. and yeah, I agree with you, it’s been my go to place for a couple years now andthe last time i was there about 2 months ago, it was still fine.