Shake Shack Corn Dog

Shake Shack serves its corn dog only three times a year: Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day. In 2014, we were in NYC during Labor Day weekend and were able to try it. Strange as it may seem, we had never had a corn dog before, so we couldn’t compare it to others. Still, we thought it was delicious. Came with a tasty corn relish.

<a href="Corn Dog with Corn Relish

My Blog
My Flickr

Things you never thought you would say on a food forum;

“Well Roz that’s a fine looking wiener you have there, thanks for sharing!”

(have you had a corn dog since?) FYI I just saw someone post that there are $ .50 corn dogs at Sonic today!!!

:grin:

No, we’ve not had a corn dog since. Even though we enjoyed that one, it really isn’t something we crave. And, yes, I know about the post on the NJ board by your pal VikingKaj. Actually, I saw it and posted there before I posted here.

My Blog
My Flickr

I noticed the other post after remarking, sorry.

I haven’t had a corn dog in years, even then it was probably a frozen at home variety when the kids were younger. Can’t remember the last time I purchased one prepared, lol, one thing I have had fairly recently was a Auntie Aunt pretzel dog which is pretty good.

What or where is your favorite Hot Dog?

We don’t eat hot dogs out much. We had the Chicago-style hot dog at Shake Shack once. I didn’t love it. When we go to Yankee Stadium, which happens rarely, I seek out the grilled foot-long Hebrew National.

Chez RGR, it’s always Hebrew National. The hot dog season begins on Memorial Day Weekend and ends on Labor Day. We usually don’t bother with buns except when we have company. Top them with deli mustard and sour kraut.

<a href="At Home:  July 4, 2016

<a href="At Home:  July 4, 2016

My Blog
My Flickr

I like corndogs but probably only have one every couple of years, usually at an amusement park or carnival. I can’t say that I’ve ever had a bad one, but I also can’t say that I’ve ever had one that stood out from the others. As long as it’s hot and fresh from the fryer and there’s plenty of mustard to hand, I’m a happy camper.

1 Like

My husband loves the Shake Shack corn dogs and we have been going there on July 4th for the past few years. In 2014 (when this picture of my son was taken), it was pouring rain and we found ourselves at the Westbury location. In 2015 we went to the Westport location and same for this year, but unfortunately, the corn dog was not offered on July 4th this year. They just decided not to have it. My husband was so disappointed!

1 Like

Are you sure it was your husband who was disappointed :wink:

My companion has been searching for a good corn dog for years. Unfortunately, the last one she tried at Shake Shack on E. 86th St., Manhattan was not up to par. Maybe it was a bad day, who knows?