SFBA shelter-at-home delivery/take-out roundup

My CSA, Urban Tilth in Richmond, also delivers to Richmond and nearby cities. I’ve been a member going on 3 years, and it just keeps getting better. We now have the option to buy coffee beans from Catahoula, and soon there will be eggs!

https://www.urbantilth.org/csa/

3 Likes

Two lists of Chinese restaurants open in SF:

https://sites.google.com/view/chinatowneats/home

2 Likes

These lists are completely inaccurate and include places that are not open for delivery. (Actually, there’s no indication the first list is meant to have any connection to the shutdown).

1 Like

What’s inaccurate? The thread is a mix of takeout and/or delivery, not exclusively delivery.

If you click on the peninsula list, you’ll note it has “covid” in its title. Still, I’ve edited the link to make it more obvious.

2 Likes

Without checking further, I can tell you that, for a start, Chonqing Xiao Mian is not open. Nor is Yuanbao Jiaozi.

I was specifically replying to the 2 SF Chinese food lists.

2 Likes

Oh, I see—- thank you!

My apologies for not scrutinizing these sites and confirming that they are maintained regularly.

Funny—- Yelp, which is close to useless right now, reported the two restaurants you mentioned as closed a few weeks ago (see
Regional Chinese roundup 3.0 (SF Bay Area) ) though mysteriously they, and some others I noticed a few days ago, are now listed on yelp as active.

1 Like

As I’ve been saying constantly on twitter, it is nice that people are making these lists–it makes me think of places I might not have, like Top Hatter’s. But it is ridiculous to assume the are completely accurate or inclusive–small restaurants have logistic and financial issues in this difficult time. What might be open one day might not the next. So many places near me on International Blvd. held on without fanfare or lists for the first month, but closed up shop this month.
If you have neighborhood restaurants that you wish to continue call them, or walk on by to figure out if they are still serving and how. And make sure you get their number from a general search, and not Yelp’s, as yelp may have replaced their real number with a number that gets them referral $$, despite them laying off thousands in this time, making clear their business is advertising and not information.

2 Likes

Eater updated a Chinatown list today:

2 Likes

Its impossible to maintain a fully up-to-date list with all the restaurants literally hanging on to their dear lives not knowing whether they have cash to run for the next week, and changing business models/ hours every week adjusting to the situation.

Best to just call them up.

1 Like

Here in Sunnyside, Won Kok on Monterey Blvd. just re-opened for take out and I presume delivery, ducks and chickens hanging in the window again. Shanghai Dumpling King is still closed but they are taking this time to do some renovations, so looks like no more stained carpeting - sign still says to re-open on April 28. Pho Dong Huang has been open for take out and seem to be doing some business. They have a $3 bahn mi special going - they’re just ok, but you can’t beat the price.

2 Likes

We got amazing dumplings from New Dumpling in El Cerrito. I will post a longer review about it.

2 Likes

Well, you’ll soon find out if they’re not actually open, if you try to order. But yes, don’t depend on the list for your plans.

It’s not even a question of maintaining an ever-changing list. Chongqing Xiao Mien is not open, and never was.

1 Like

They still have Chongqing Xiao Mien on their new list as open. It is not, and never was. It’s not even a question of maintaining a current list. Whoever made that list is just lazy.

Shanghai Dumpling King back open for take out and delivery.

1 Like

Anyone been getting the La Cocina Food boxes?

I’ve been writing short reviews for Mission Local re places that are doing take-out/delivery, trying to keep the word going that there are places out there literally dying for your business, specifically, of course, in the Mission DIstrict. It’s a moving target, but places that weren’t open before are now starting to try their hand at the new model.

5 Likes

Ming Kee on Ocean Ave is open again and tasty as ever

5 Likes

Missed this thread!

We are technically Bay area, but mostly a vicarious thrill.

Us neighbors are doing a Rutherford Grill thing for mother’s day, though.

1 Like

Wow that looks great.

1 Like