SF Bay Area Bagels

I liked it, the espresso I had was good, kind of fruity. I believe they use Linea beans.

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/chicken-dog-bagels-sourdough-san-francisco-18703735.php

Chicken Dog getting some love.
Bagels are like pizza, everyone has favorites and a lot of it is style preference, but to me these are the best bagels I’ve had anywhere.

3 Likes

Midnite Bagels - from the Stonestown Farmers Market. Excellent quality toppings. I hadn’t been to this market in a while, Sundays in the parking lot behind Stonestown mall. Lots of good prepared food items, Binis Kitchen, dumplings, etc. Portside Bakery has fantastic bread and pastries.

5 Likes

Chicken Dog again. He also makes excellent jams (Dirty Girl Farms strawberry) and babkas (cinnamon walnut).

2 Likes

i’ve been picking up these in the Live Oak farmer’s market lately. but they have a storefront in S.F. an excellent bagel. the pumpernickel is one of my favourites.

laundromat bagels
3725 BALBOA STREET

2 Likes

Lauren Saria in SF Standard -

Can there be too many good bagels?

The bagel and bread selection at Wise Sons Jewish Delicatessen in Oakland on Thursday, June 6th, 2024. Due to the recent growth of local bagel companies including Wise Sons, Boichik, and Daily Driver, quality bagels are more accessible than ever in San Francisco. | Source:Adahlia Cole for The Standard

I was in Santa Clara last week for a professional conference, staying right by a Boichik Bagels outpost. The store smelled like the bagel store of my NJ youth and many others I used to visit in New York. Made me feel a bit homesick.

2 Likes

Pumpernickel bagel and shmere from Wise Sons, fennel gravlax from me.

5 Likes