Secret to IHOP's Fluffy Omelets!! (it's not whisking!!)

Don’t know what to make of this, I certainly didn’t think this was how they did it.

They mention it on their menus that they add a splash of pancake batter to the eggs to make them fluffy. It’s not a secret.

I"m impressed. I can’t remember the last time I was at an IHOP (though good friends in HS worked at one) - let alone read their menu carefully enough to have noticed that they did that.

I do not recall every seeing that, next time I will try to take notice.

IHOP has an EXCELLENT steak tips and eggs which is my go to breakfast when we go there.

It is such an east coast place - we didn’t have them as I moved around the country (and most recently in OH we had Waffle House). But we had a few around me in Jersey growing up.

I don’t even know if we have them in Boston - I haven’t seen one I don’t think.

Edit: a google search shows there were some in OH and a few here in the Boston area. I guess they just aren’t where I’ve been driving.

I have 2 kids who love IHOP, so we’re there every couple months. :wink:

Here’s a screenshot of a menu from online:

We had them in California when I was growing up there centuries ago.

You can order it without batter.

1 Like

I’m in So. CA and I’ve got 4 IHOPSs within a 15 minute drive.

How are their Omelets? I’ve never been to an IHOP.

They’re ok for what they are. I normally get an egg white omelette (usually the Denver one) when I go with the kids. It’s a pretty big omelet, to the point where I eat 2/3 of it and then move on to the pancakes (with the blueberry syrup, every time). Because IH :heart: Pancakes.

1 Like

Do you notice the difference of the added pancake batter? Just curious if I should bother trying?

not at all. In fact, I didn’t even know it was in there until I read it on the menu one day!

Lol! Ok thanks. I just thought this was some sort of revolutionary thing that I’d been missing all my life.

Help cover Hungry Onion's costs when you shop at Amazon!

Making noodles. Phongdien Town, Cantho City, Southern Vietnam.
Credit: CiaoHo