Seaside

I may be in Seaside this coming Sunday (6/4) and Monday (6/5). Any recommendations for lunch and dinner - preferably with outdoor seating? Can be anything from casual to fine-ish dining, if that even exists. My family used to go down for 2 weeks every summer. I have the fondest childhood and teenage memories of the boardwalk, the boardwalk food, and of course the rides but let’s just say its been decades since I’ve been and I’m not sure I’ll even recognize the place. Thanks!

I’m not that familiar with places around Seaside but I do like Chef Mike’s ABG (Atlantic Bar and Grill). It’s at the southern end of Seaside park, practically on the beach. It’s one of the few waterfront places that I know that has good food, though not cheap. Reservations are a must.

3 Likes

The boardwalk will still have that magical smell. I haven’t been there at night in years, but last I was there it was a young crowd. Not families, teens. I would say stroll the boards during the day and enjoy.

Not sure of good restaurants, but down at the end near the entrance to the park is Bum Rogers. The food is surprisingly good, better than average but nothing to make a destination of if that makes sense. If you want to hang around for the band, the bar is always fun. Enjoy.

2 Likes

We have a house in nearby Ortley Beach. The best is Seaside is Breaking Bread on the Boulevard. They had seating in the back last year - I’m guessing they do again. Family run operation with excellent Italian. Also PJ’s Place on the boardwalk is good. Other nearby possibilities include Ohana Grill (Hawaiian fusion) and Xina (for sushi) a 5 minute ride just over the bridge

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about Xina but have never been there. Maybe in September.

1 Like
  • 1 for ABG
1 Like

Reporting back. We ended up having lunch at Klee’s and dinner at Drifters. Breaking Bread would’ve been great based on the recommendation here and what I saw on their online menu but it was closed both days we were there (Sunday & Monday). Food at Klee’s was basic - in the category of “nothing to write home about” but for lunch it served us fine. At Drifters, we had fish tacos and the poke bowl - everything was done well.

3 Likes

I was at Xina for the first time 2 weeks ago. The sushi was good. I had General Tso’s chicken for my meal and it was just okay. That being said “just okay” is my personal opinion because I’m not really into Asian food. It wasn’t bad but I certainly would have been eating Italian or Mexican instead.

1 Like

Thanks for the report. Maybe if I’m in the neighborhood I’d stop in Xina but I’m not sure I’d make the trip.

1 Like