Seafarer, new in highlands nj

I’m pretty sure they don’t open much before 4… Not sure if that’s on their website!

1 Like

2018-05-24%2001_10_28-Facebook

This just in. Posted 10 PM on Thursday.

1 Like

Searching for their lost shaker…

NO_29PARROTHEADS_70084_3505819

Thanks for that intel, Greg! I’m now following them on IG… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice. Now we are talking

1 Like

Hey CJ, just noticed you put me to the challenge here , a big late I see. Unfortunately for my HO rep, there’s a new jr Mets fan on my squad so we’re limited to take out or late night meals in the immediate peninsula area for a bit these days. I promise to take one for the team soon though and am def game to take on the highlands/ ah area or perhaps Bradley beach for a Vic’s run. Will have a house of Chong review soon as my interest was stoked on that post and def need an alternative to little schezhan for sure.
As to my take out experiences, I will say woodys tf and Patrizias are the go to spots these days. And we did our inaugural keyport fishery run for the summer season last weekend. Literally nobody in line on sun when we we got there late but food good as ever and still an outstanding value. Missing pizza from Pete and eldas or deninos Brock at the moment bitnhave decided mangia in Shrewsbury is best of the take out joints around here.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

ty-appreciate it.

Although I decided I love my kids enough that they will be Yankessfan53’s. I can’t in good faith make them Mets fans…

1 Like

NOOOOO !!!

I’ll get there and let you know. If you’re only doing take out, I would pass on this. I have no clue how the food is, but it is defitnitely a bar over a restaurant. The food could be OK but dont head here on my account lol.

I was up at the Highlands today, so I drove over to see what this place looks like… Sweet spot to hang out if you’re in the area from the looks of it! And they just posted tonight’s menu…

https://instagram.com/p/Bjf09KbAq-j/

1 Like

Wow…looks like I just put 2+2 together on this one, a friend of mine (ex-server) has been promoting the heck out of this place on Facebook. I thought he just bought a food truck from the pics and admittedly the limited attention I paid to his posts. Now that you posted the blackboard menu I realized he posted this too earlier today!

@corvette_johnny & Curlz they are cooking out of a trailer correct? That’s what I’ve seen in his posts I didn’t realize it was a “fixed” location.

I will definitely go and check this place out in my flip flops (mental note to self: buy a pair of flip flops) and see what they are up to. Hey if they have a great spot with limited kitchen ability then let them make their money on the booze, as long as the food isn’t a complete afterthought.

Interesting…+1 to my HO friends for putting this on my radar.

1 Like

When I was there today they were closed because it was before noon… But what you’re describing appears to be correct. Now go get yourself some flip-flops! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Does anyone know where I can get size 14 wingtip flip flops to match my pinstripes swim suit?

2 Likes

I might have some size 12 you can squeeze into lol

You’re correct. There is no kitchen. They cook out of a truck and a charcoal grill outside the truck.

I was going to stop by tonight with my cousin but he ended up having a drink too many at OTH and couldn’t drive there. So it’s chinese, beer and couch for me tonight

Jr, I don’t think you should head here for food lol. If you want a unique spot for a drink, I’d recommend trying it. I’ll be around if you want to get a few. Now for the scuba and beast place, that could have potential. Who knows, maybe both will have something decent to offer. My prediction of the sea farer is “hey I’ve had a few drinks and I’m hungry. What can I get here?” It appears the truck only has 3 or so options per night so keep that in mind too.

I was going to have the Cuban. I’m not a mozz burger guy. I love both mozz and burgers, just not both together.

1 Like

I know I’LL pay to see that ensemble… Anyone else? :joy:

Well I’m sad to report the food isn’t great. It isn’t bad but 12 dollars for a tiny Cubano just didn’t cut it for me. I was hoping to get some awesome truck food but it didn’t really impress me.

The sandwich was decent but not 12 dollar good. For that price I would at least expect some fries. I saw a lady get a burger and there is no way I’m paying 12 dollars for a burger there after seeing it. Jr, yes it is a trailer, not an actual truck.

So my verdict is that this is a decent place for a drink but I’m not recommending the food. Again, not bad but there are better options around the block. 3 drinks were 12 a clip. I’m not sure if they jacked the prices up or if they have a weekend price list but I think my drink was ten the other day. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this place. It is a cool place to hang but expensive for a tiki bar.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking one for the team! From the looks of it, I thought it would be a nice place to have a drink and listen to some music, but the food doesn’t seem like the focus there.

And I can have a similar experience sitting outside convention Hall by Anchors Bend…

1 Like

Yes, thank you for being the one to try the food out. The sandwich doesn’t look good for 8 bucks, much less 12. At least give some fries!

How were the drinks, though? $12 for a margarita is a little much. No. Too much. Barnacle Bill’s gets $10 for their Mai Tai and $10.25 for their LIT. But you FEEL those. This places looks like they are just trying to go for the screw. Paying for the location and nothing else.

And the annual fleecing of the Benny’s commences…

Not even a sad piroshka in sight.

1 Like