Saturday Brunch/Lunch in the Theatre District (ish)?

Friends are coming to town in a couple of weeks for a whirlwind theatre-focused trip and want to get together for lunch/brunch before their 2pm Saturday matinee of Appropriate. Anything new and notable in the area? We can travel outside the theatre district, but probably don’t want to venture tooooooooooo far in order to maximize dining time. Was hoping to try Shukette, but it’s dinner only. We took this couple to Upland last time they were here, which was a big hit, but they (and we) are generally open to any cuisine and price point (okay, not Masa). I’ve been craving tapas, personally. Hit me with your best ideas, thanks!!!

El Fish Marisqueria has brunch on Saturday and Sunday, and much of the regular menu. I haven’t been to brunch personally, but it’s fun, and the food is good. Sort of Mexican fish/seafood tapas (but with brunch items too, apparently).

Hope you enjoy Appropriate. I thought the play quite good and the cast superb.

1 Like

I haven’t been yet, but I’ve got my eye on this place:

And for tapas, you could certainly do worse (not new, though):

1 Like

Thanks ninkat and smallh! Marisqueria and Boqueria both sound great. Sky Pavillion is right up my alley too, although I have a feeling my husband would prefer dim sum if we decide to go Chinese (he’s not the biggest fan of ma la).

There’s a Dim Sum Palace branch on W 46 – it’s pretty good (as in, I have eaten at at various locations several times at this point).

There’s also a Tim Ho Wan on 9th, but the menu at DSP is much more extensive, and mostly better.

Thai usually comes to mind in that area. LumLum or Pure Thai Cookhouse
Le Sia is good for Chinese
For Italian dell’anima in Gotham West Market or Sicily Osteria

New request came in - must have bottomless mimosa. Boqueria fits the bill - other ideas? Thoughts on l’Adresse?

La Grande Boucherie

1 Like

Thank you! We actually ended up at l’Adresse (friends made final call between there and Boqueria). It was nothing special, but food and cocktails were both good (if overpriced). I’ll keep these others in mind for next time!