Sarcasm, passive aggressiveness, in posts

Recently there has been a rise in the use of sarcasm and passive aggressiveness in the posts on the forum. I want to remind everyone that you are free to disagree with other posters, but please refrain from the use of sarcasm and passive aggressiveness in your response.

An easy guideline for what is and what isn’t appropriate on a public forum. If its not a tone that you use to say things to your coworkers in an office gathering, or in a email to them, its probably not suitable for a public forum as well.

Remember, a forum with a bit of kindness even in disagreements makes the forum a much more pleasant place for all.

Thank you.

21 Likes

Thank you. I’ve noticed this as well. It’s a cancer.

That said, I was rather surprised to find that a frequent poster’s comment to another frequent poster to “take a chill pill or two” was deemed a-ok with the community guidelines.

If PA isn’t allowed, maybe actively aggressive or unkind comments should also be removed.

But - your monkeys, your circus :wink:

3 Likes

The comments that came forth well before the “chill pill” comment were aggressive and were allowed to remain for quite a while.

1 Like

7 Likes