Sansaire vs Anova Immersion Circulator

Do you have a Searzall to go with?

You bet

I have now tried burgers to a perfect medium rare, seared off in a screaming cast iron skillet, French style scrambled eggs, poached eggs, and chicken breast. I have some short ribs waiting for their turn but my Cambro is on order to be delivered on Tuesday so for now I am using my enameled Dutch oven and sticking to items that need only a few hours in the bath. Thanks for the information. I am really looking forward to many more fun trials!

Edited to add the Searzall is now added to my Christmas list.

I don’t use the searzal as much as I thought I would. There is much disscussion of torch taste, where it really comes from and how to elimeninate it

I use a Benzomatic blow torch from Home Depot using MAPP gas. It blows very hot. People have said that, theoretically, MAPP could impart a taste to food, but I have never noticed anything close to an off taste, and I love the searing hot flame.

I actually do have a Searzall but realized I’d need to get a new blow torch to fit it, so have never bothered. I haven’t had much of a problem of diffusing the flame.

Here’s are interesting articles on torch taste

http://modernistcuisine.com/2011/02/torch-tastes/