Sangria, homemade concoctions

(Dan) #1

We typically use red because we buy more reds. I have a couple of bottles of Rose and wondered what your recommendations for a sangria using Rose would be.

Fruit wise I have plenty of stone fruit and grapes handy but welcome experienced suggestions.

Thanks, Rooster

(Natascha) #2

More often than not (and because I’m in the white/rosé wine camp), I make a white sangria.

For that, I usually add some frozen peaches and a mix of berries (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries). Now that most of those fruit are in season, you can of course use fresh.

I like the frozen, as it also functions as a cooling agent :slight_smile:

Splash of orange juice & often a goodly amount of prosecco, too. Very refreshing – I often have to make a new batch to satisfy demand '-)

I think a similar mix would work for rosé wine as well.

(Dan) #3

Thanks, this is exactly that I was looking for. I am going to run out for a few things later but I am making your version tonight. The add of sparkling wine is just the fresh hit I was looking for. I have plenty of fresh fruit to use up but the tip for using frozen makes sense.

btw, how did your gig go? I saw you mention the venue in another thread.

(Dan) #4

All set. I am making a tray of peach puree ice cubes just to be fancy👍

(Natascha) #5

Oooh. I like the way you think :slight_smile:

Gig went well, even tho my guitarist had to play sans mic for the first set, as we didn’t have the correct power cable.

2nd & 3rd set were great, tho. It’s a really nice atmosphere on the patio, and we had an attentive crowd. The strawberry summer cider made it even better :slight_smile:

(Dan) #6

Oh man, that cider sounds refreshing, perk😁
Glad to know after a mic glitch you were sail’in! Which style of music?

(Natascha) #7

Blues, jazz, swing… with some random Tom Waits & Fiona Apple thrown in :slight_smile:
https://nataschaandthespyboys.com/

(Dan) #8

Just watched the first video and poked around FB as a non member. Congrats on the CD. If we get to the Bullfrog it would be a pleasure to check your sound this summer.

(Junior) #9

My sangria which can pack a “punch”, generally the is a combination of the following:

I like Carlo Rossi Sangria as a base mixed with;
Coconut Rum (like Malibu)
Banana Liquor
Triple sec

The melody of flavors work well together. I will also add a bit of berry flavored seltzer to give it a bit of a fizz.

(Dan) #10

Super easy to fix too! Thanks.

(ChristinaM) #11

I wanna be your friend

(Dan) #12

Just put together Jrs version a few mins ago. very tasty and potent!:blush:

In a large pitcher, add:

One Bottle of Riunite Lambrusco, (“Riunite on ice is nice!”)
Three Shots of Sugar Cane Rum
One Shot of Grenadine
A Double Handful of Bite Sized Fruit, (Melons, Cherries, Pineapple, Oranges, Peaches, Strawberries, whatever you think will be good after marinating in wine and rum)

Stir Well

Add one 12 oz can (or about a cup and a half) of Ginger Ale and stir lightly.
Pour over ice making sure to get a few pieces of your favorite fruits.

(Dan) #14

A two-fer! Be still my Sangria loving heart!