[San Francisco, Hayes Valley] a Mano

A Mano
I was going to a lecture in the neighborhood last night so popped in for a quick dinner at A Mano. Other than Super Duper burger i’d not been to any of Adriano Paganini’s restaurants. Absolutely hopping on a Thursday night. Had a couple very good cocktails ($12 each- Godfather Bourbon, Scotch, Amaro Meletti, Almond Bitters; and Jasmine Gin, Lemon, Cointreau, Campari], 2 apps and pasta. The Frito Misto ($11) was quite good with bits of fresh cod, squash and some other veggies in a beer batter type coating. Grilled Monterey squid with cranberry beans and padrone peppers ($12) was good also. The agnolotti dal plin ($17) had braised short rib in it with a mustard seed and horseradish sauce was not so bueno. Flavors were just OK and the outside edges of the pasta were hard, not in an al dente way but seemed almost stale so do not recommend. I kept thinking about the amazing agnolotti at Belotti in Oakland. The pizza next to us looked pretty good. Good for a quick meal, even packed we were in and out in an hour.