Samba - Montclair

(Eli Paryzer) #1

We had an excellent dinner at Samba in Montclair. This is a very tiny little Brazilian restaurant. We started off with a couple of amazing appetizers. The first was crispy fried yucca (which are better than french fries) and homemade Brazilian pork sausage, with sauteed onions. The sausage had a nice snap to it, & the yucca was crispy on the outside, and creamy on the inside.
yucca%20and%20sausage%202
Next we had the most amazing duck sliders, with caramelized onions and Gorgonzola cheese on a homemade gluten free Pao De Queijo (Brazilian cheese bread). The bread perfectly soaked up the sauce. This just moved up into my top 5 appetizers. The whole combination was a match made in heaven :yum: My pictures didn’t come out that well. The 3rd picture is from Samba.
duck%20sliders%201
duck%20slider%202

For entrees we both got a really fresh special of wild caught red snapper, with leeks risotto, crispy kalamata olives, & white truffle oil. The leeks risotto went perfectly with the snapper, and was better than most risottos that I’ve had in Italian restaurants.
snapper%201

We normally order the incredible stuffed acorn squash with creamy butternut squash, shrimp, herbs, & Parmesan cheese. Mrs P has made this at home & it is awesome. Below is a picture from Samba.
stuffed%20acorn%20squash
Another great dish that I have had in the past is called Feijoada, which is the Brazilian National dish. It is a 24 hour slow cooked cassoulet that contains black bean stew, pork sausage, pork ribs on the bone, bacon, and dried beef. It is a nice hearty dish that is perfect for a cold winter evening. Below is a picture from Samba.
feijoada

Happy to hear that Samba is still on its game! That was always a good spot, although I haven’t been there since moving from NNJ.