Sadelle's bagels

Any tried their bagels? how do they compare with e.g. Ess-a-bagel, Absolute, etc.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2015-09-15/new-york-s-bagel-whisperer-makes-a-killer-everything-at-sadelle-s

Unrelated to your question- here’s an article from a couple of days ago on New York Times on the guy who invented the bagel machine that mass produces bagels.

Hopefully Sadelle’s taste better than those from the machine :wink:

I did finally make it there. For me the whole polished fancy atmosphere is a total turn off, but whatever. I got the pumpernickle everything and serious attitude when i asked if they had any non cream cheese spreads (that’s a NO), as well as a loaf of their chocolate babka (unfortunately i didn’t get to taste that, was a gift to a friend but she told me later it was super rich and chocolatey whatever that means)
Anyways.
I took my bagel home, had it toasted with avocado- it was rather small, much smaller than ees-a-bagel or absolute, not as skinny as black seed but a definitive ring shape with stick two fingers in the middle hole. Really great pumpernickel flavor, a good distribution of the "everything " although a bit of that ended up in the bag. The insides are more dense than others, I wouldn’t want this bagel any larger. Maybe the plain is lighter and more fluffy though.
Worth going, just be prepared for a $10-$15 bagel sandwich or get a few to go home