Running list of Boston restaurants offering takeout or delivery [MA]

Here is a running list. I hope this allows some restaurants to stay afloat and pay workers when they might otherwise not be able to do so.

3 Likes

And if you do get takeout or delivery, be mindful that your tip will be extra appreciated.

3 Likes

I got a msg that The Porch Southern Fare is also doing takeout/delivery now.

2 Likes

More info from Eater Boston which is generally very good at staying on top of things.

4 Likes

they are def good about this sort of thing in emergencies (I love when they say what’s open during blizzards or hurricanes), and I mostly like their site in general. They did have a survey recently that I decided to take, though, because there were two things I wanted to complain about–one is the endless rerunning of “best of” lists that really don’t add much new content (I don’t mind best of lists at all, but at least vary them a little bit more) and the other is my major pet peeve with the site: please expand coverage past Boston/Cambridge/Somerville. Boston is small enough of a city that places beyond the core really deserve some love–I would really like to see them do guides for places like Newton, Quincy, Malden, Burlington et al.

There’s so many places outside of the main city proper, that I just wish they’d give that a little more coverage. It deserves it.

4 Likes

Could not agree more!

3 Likes

I agree as well! In my case, it’s that Boston/Camberville is my usual stomping grounds so I’m pretty up to date on what’s going on here, but completely clueless about the wilds of the 'burbs. For me a travel guide to places like Newton, Malden, etc would be great!

2 Likes

I took out two “boiled plates” from Andy’s on Mass Ave today. They were just as good as ever (see below), although the price has crept up by two whole bucks in two whole years. Still, at a bit under $12 each, a huge bargain, since one order easily feeds two. The owner(?)/chef was sitting depressed at the cash register. Like a lot of other places, he has food on hand that he’s paid for. I’ll try and get more stuff from him over the next little bit.

4 Likes

What are food donation rules in MA for restaurants? This is small consolation for owners, but can the inevitable excess food be donated to organizations such as FoodLink (based in Arlington)?

Good question. I know that bakeries such as Hi-Rise that don’t/can’t do “day-old” breads have always donated left-over baguettes, etc., to soup kitchens at the end of the day.

Transportation and containers can be issues for some restaurants. Trina’s Starlight Lounge in Somerville made the news by cooking and giving away everything in their refrigerators to staff and locals on the last day they were allowed to have table service, because they had decided to close completely for three weeks and the food would spoil. The owner got on local media to invite anyone interested to come and get it.

5 Likes

Here’s another running list of places that are offering takeout and delivery. It includes where to order and what discounts are being offered–there are some good ones!!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Judy and welcome!

fwiw, I just read that if you need beers by delivery, Trillium will deliver inside a loop comprising of: “South of 1-90, East of I-95, and North of 93.” They can only handle 50 deliveries a day and you need to buy two cases. But there’s no fee.

5 Likes

Now that is tempting! :slight_smile:

practically a humanitarian undertaking! :wink:

3 Likes

Although it’s probably not in our budget for tonight, I see Sarma’s take out menu allows you to just flat-out order the fried chicken! Silver linings, people- usually you have to wait to see if it comes out of the kitchen while you still have room for it… I’m sort of picturing their runner walking up and ringing your doorbell half-way through the meal with a platter of little plates…

3 Likes

From their website it appears to be just a weekend thing. They have takeout tonight (Saturday, 3/21) and are also offering brunch takeout tomorrow. They say they will start accepting brunch orders at 6:30 tonight.

Oleana and Sofra, sadly, are closed for now.

2 Likes

Sarma updates their take out options every day. We picked up take out a few days ago. If you are interested, check every day. They aren’t going more than 1 day in advance. The situation will probably change day to day, as the hours apparently are. We loved what we picked up and at least the 7 layer hummus seemed a larger portion than our restaurant experience was.

Actually, they seem to be updating quite frequently. I just checked now and some items are marked SOLD OUT and some aren’t listed at all, compared to what was posted as available just a few hours ago.

I’m going to try to do it at least once more before they potentially shut down altogether. Since we live within a 5 to 7 minute drive, it’s worth it for us.

5 Likes

Thanks.