Royal Tandoor Santa Clarita

There has been a lot of buzz about this place since they were named the best all you can eat buffet in CA. So, since I was here anyway I had to check it out for myself.

A small unassuming place in a strip mall, it is easy to pass them by if you don’t know what you are looking for. We arrived soon after they opened and they were already half full. I spoke with another couple and they said they drove over 2 hours just to eat there. Word has gotten out.

There were plenty of veg and some meat options on the buffet. I sampled most of it from chaat to dessert and I have to say most everything was at least good or better. Was it the best Indian buffet I’ve ever had? Maybe not since Aarzu started their weekend buffet, but way above average. A new friend put it best when he told me, “You’ll like it but you’ll think it doesn’t live up to the hype.” I did like it a lot, but I’m glad I didn’t drive two hours just to eat there.

2 Likes

Hmmm…30 minutes from me; I had no idea. Thanks, @seal!

Who awarded the “best buffet” designation?

Thanks for doing the research! Aarzu? Is that here in the Bay Area? Never heard of it.

I found the list on MSN but I think it was originally from Delish or something like that. I found it a few weeks ago and since I was headed to Santa Clarita anyway …

Sorry about not putting the location of Aarzu in - it’s in Freehold NJ near my home and it is unlike any Indian place I’ve ever been to. It’s more like gourmet food that happens to use Indian spices and ingredients and if you ever make it out there, post on the NJ board and I guarantee some of the NJ HOs will be happy to meet up for a meal.

1 Like

Santa Clarita is in the Los Angeles area, not the SF Bay Area.

The California board is together with the SFBA board.

Oh, ok.