Roti Bros - Crystal Palace [London]

This is a very new food truck that has opened in the last week or so. They don’t actually do rotis and as far as I’m aware the guys aren’t brothers. They do however do rotisserie chicken and some other stuff. As they hadn’t fully sorted out their licence they were only doing burgers.

it’s easy to get a bit jaded about the whole burger thing in London but their burger is one of the tastiest I’ve had in a long time. Everything about the burger was right. The meat is very high quality ( 28 day aged from Galloway cattle) and is cooked so it develops a really good crust. It reminded me of eating a really good ribeye. The brioche bun is not too sweet and they toasted in on the same grill as the burgers to soak up the juices. The tomatoes were reallyy fresh and also there was good crisp onions. It came with two small pieces of really good bacon that was crisped properly to provide a good contrast of texture.

The cheese on top was sliced which I think is a must for a burger. It provides the necessary gooiness without overwhelming the flavour of the burger which happens when places use better quality stronger flavoured cheeses. To accompany the burger we were given pickled watermelon. I’ve never had it before but it was a revelation and I’ll be on the look out for it.

I think Galloway may just be my favourite beef animal. Really is tasty.

Although I do have a soft spot for the Dexter at the farmers market.

Did you ask about the name? Did they possibly buy the truck from someone else and haven’t bothered changing the name?

Is the truck by the station?

Didn’t ask about the name . I assume that it is because their main offering is rotisserie chicken.

It’s up from the station on Westow Street along a bit and opposite from Sainsburys. This map should help.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Westow+St,+London+SE19/@51.4167966,-0.0775794,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4876014f842d490b:0x3fce61d0faa2c7d4

Their opening hours can be a bit erratic but they have then on their FB page. Not far on the same street and well worth a visit is a Venezuelan place Mi Coco Inaestuya. Great arepas and empanadas.

1 Like