Rory Dolan's, Yonkers on St. Paddy's Day...

Wanted to be right in the middle of the Irish revelry this year so we went to visit what many consider the ‘mother load’ Rory Dolan’s on McLean Ave., Yonkers. Our plan was to get there about 4:30 pm and we lucked out with a spot in their parking area minutes after we arrived. We entered the big, sprawling place to a packed house, the bar area about 5 to 6 deep, and the dining areas buzzing as well. Maybe it was our timing, but we were brought to a table almost immediately and had a great view of the proceedings. By coincidence, friends of ours were there too and came over to say hello.
They were serving their St. Patrick’s Day menu and we ordered: Corned Beef & Cabbage for me, Fish & Chips for my companion. Pints of Guinness to wash it all down. It was a scene, for sure at this early point in the evening, and I must commend the staff for handling our table so smoothly. I know they had their hands full. Even Rory Dolan himself, calm as can be, came by to chat, even helped clear our table. Considering the pressure on the kitchen on this day the food proved to be very good from the Irish Soda bread rolls to the last drop of Guinness…
By the time we left, an entry line had formed.