(Rome, Trastevere) Osteria der Belli

After a long second day in Rome this was a second or third choice as the size of our party (7) exceeded the capabilities of a few others we wanted to try. That said, i would go back again tonight. Seafood, Sardinian, welcoming.

I am not the most creative writer, and did not document everything but the spigola carpaccio, as they called it on the menu, was fresh and sweet. The raw shrimp and prawns were awesome as well. Spaghetti vongole with bottarga added was perfect to me.

Seafood risotto was brought to the table as a little gift, i assume after we ordered correctly. :grinning:
We finished with some lovely fruit.

Their insta https://instagram.com/osteriaderbelli?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

10 Likes

Yum! All looks great, especially on a warm summer day! Thanks for posting.

1 Like

P.S. My favorite little fish/seafood spot in Rome is La Pesceria Re di Roma. It’s not near anything (friends of mine live upstairs) and is in the back of a fish monger’s store, and is everything I could ever want in a fish restaurant. I don’t know why we can’t have places like this in New York (where I live). I find most fish restaurants just pretty boring, actually. Anyway, thanks for highlighting this one!

2 Likes

looks really good! wondering if they are offering specifically Sardinian dishes in addition to the great seafood?

I would be lying if i said i could attest to the quality of the Sardinian dishes, but yes there was a decent sampling on the menu. We had planned on trying them, but we ended up going mostly fish and pasta… and fish pastas :slight_smile:

1 Like