The McD’s thread got me thinking that it would be cool to have some threads about good takeout spots along major travel corridors within the group’s geographic area. I’m going to nominate Boston to Burlington VT.
- At least 30 minutes from either end of the route.
- Takeout-amenable (drive-thru or easy parking )
- Within a few miles of an exit from:
Rt 95 (North of the Mass Turnpike to the Rt 93 interchange)
Rt 93 (North of Boston -> Rt 89 Interchange)
Rt 3 (North of 95 interchange thru where it merges back with 93)
Rt 89 (NH -> Burlington VT)
Extra points for places between of Concord NH and Montpelier, as it gets much more sparse there. Some nominations:
- Daw Kun (Manchester, NH, near airport) excellent Thai
- Dairy Twirl (West Lebanon, NH) Ice Cream, particularly some interesting Soft Serve flavors
- Worthy Burger (S. Royalton VT)
- Saap (Randolph, VT) another exellent Thai (Northern, mostly)
- There are a number of places in Montpelier, but I’ll pick Mad Taco.