Flour on First in Atlantic Highlands.

Maybe those raspberry sandbars and assorted scones and, and, and …

will be back. Same location and coming soon, Flour on First. No website yet, but this is a start.

https://www.facebook.com/flouronfirst/

3 Likes

Interesting

2 Likes

We went to the soft opening this week. It was kind of like Flaky Tart “light” as they had fewer things out, but they said they are ramping up to full soon. They are in the old Flaky Tart space on Main St.

I grabbed this off their facebook page:

fof2
and
fof

Those are some eye opening prices.

5 Likes

Exactly my thought. I don’t buy many baked goods, but $30+ for a pie?!? Is that normal these days? :astonished:

3 Likes

wow

1 Like

To be fair, Flaky Tart always had high prices. In good times it was usually worth it.

Were they THAT high? As I said, I rarely buy baked goods, but that’s the kind of money I’d expect to pay for a decorated cake (not that a pie doesn’t take work)!

1 Like

True, I remember paying precious prices for a SLICE of mac n cheese when they added savory items but even Sickles, DOrchards and Wegmans wouldn’t charge that for a 6 slice pie. Feeds 8-10?..not my tribe.

2 Likes

Beyond the prices being quite high, I’m also very amused by that first line about substitutions will be politely declined. LOL!!!

5 Likes

Yeah good luck with that. Also a single 9” pie feeding 8-10? They ain’t never been to a Ukrainian house I can tell you that !

2 Likes

For all you Flaky Tart fans, here’s news (edited by me) from today’s APP:
Matthew Rosenzweig, a pastry chef and former co-owner of The Flaky Tart in Atlantic Highlands, began construction on The Baker’s Grove, previously a Billabong outlet store at the Grove in Shrewsbury in the spring. He hopes to open at the end of September. A former Flaky Tart employee joins him as pastry manager and Chris Gianfrancesco, most recently of Charlie’s of Bay Head, is culinary manager.

7 Likes

I’ve seen the stuff he’s posting on Instagram, the stuff looks unreal. Nice looking salads in addition to baked stuff. Can’t wait for this spot to open

4 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Baker’s Grove in Shrewsbury

Dearborn Farms & Delicious Orchards get $22-$27 for a pie. & I find them unexceptional. So, $30 for a pie? Well, I wouldn’t mind selling a few $30 pies…

1 Like

I make my own pies so am not in the market. But I’ll say. With a homemade crust and the filling (not counting rest time) I’m looking at an hour at least. When I think about hourly rates $22 isn’t terrible for a pie.

1 Like