Ridiculous food....let's hear your faves (New Jersey)

@RGR that is pretty interesting. maybe one day I can try it out.

@MZ I think the manor may be what you are thinking of. How about pub 199 with those 5-7 pound lobster? Those were pretty nuts.

I ordered a pastrami on rye at Harolds and thought it was terrible.
It had the texture of crappy processed meat and it didn’t taste very good either…
Kind of tasteless I could not eat it and sent it
back…they took it away no questions asked.

I’ve had a few different fat sandwiches and used to order a lot of cheese steaks from then while on the graveyard shift at my previous gig, there’s really nothing more you can ask for when it’s 3am, drunk or sober.

Still have not had the fat drunk guy…and that is unacceptable! This must be rectified immediately.

Harold’s is great but I HAAAAATE that veggies are extra! If you’re going to charge 20 bucks for a “sandwich” can’t you hook up some lettuce and tomato? LOL. Hahah I really do miss that place though. I just remember the sheer confusion on my first visit.

By the way I really need to check out this Rockefeller’s place. How can anything called Rockefeller’s be bad, eh?

Yeah I think you would like Rockefellers Joon. Their cheesesteak or meat-stuffed large pizza is a good call. It can feed 4 hungry guys. Two slices and you tap out…try it

My buddy told me about this place and spoke very highly of it
www.carlucciosbrooklynheros.com

not my pic but looking tasty…

1 Like

That just looks like a mess to me. I dunno.

Right? What kind of a snake jaw do you need to actually take a decent bite of this monster?

1 Like

Based on what I’ve seen Guy Fieri stuff into his mouth on DD& D, that looks like something he could probably get his jaws around.

My Blog
My Flickr

I could get my jaws around it too. For me it’s a question of wanting to.

1 Like

I believe they are designed for rock pythons and steven tyler

I see I’m very late to this thread, but in all fairness the topic is Faves in NJ, my lobster story is Vegas!! (gotta keep them wanting)

I’ve been to Carluccio’s a few times and that is typical of one of their sandwiches. A whole sub will run you $20+ but you can easily get lunch, dinner and lunch the next day out of it.

2 Likes

I’m bumping this up. We have so new people here so hopefully they will chime in and we can keep this going :slight_smile:

It is good to see some steady action on here! Let’s keep the momentum going.

I’ve heard the saying; “when life gives you lemons make lemon aid!”

Well I ask; “when life gives you this potato make…”

Please fill in your answer!

1 Like

Wow…that is quite a starch specimen!

+1 for carlucchios

Also talercios sandwiches are a bit more manageable but for around $8 u can get lunch and dinner out of them. Really good quality meats and cheeses. Their homemade roast beef is great, and fried raviolis

Of course my new favorite of sapore ravioli for the chicken not so little sandwich

I wouldn’t call Pete and Elda’s extreme but I do like their pizza every so often

I love Harold’s but when I go I tend to get deli meats other than corned beef or pastrami. His is okay but doesn’t hold an iron in the fire compared to Jerry and Harvey’s

About 8 years ago a bunch of guys from work and I tried to eat 5 lb burgers from the Clinton station dinner. The roll was the kryptonite there… It was sooo dense

And for “portion sizes”, $10 taco Tuesday at 10th ave burrito is hard to eat. All u can eat tacos for ten bucks. The food isn’t breaking any world records but for a ten spot you can lay a hurtin on some Tex mex

What about the mixed grill from apella? Borderline extreme?

I’m going to take that bad boy down myself! Where’s @corvette_johnny??? He’s got to pick a date for the event, we will be selling tickets and VIP back table passes.

1 Like

1 Like

Does all you care to eat count?

I finished both measly little lamb chops, all the pork and chicken souvlaki, all the gyro meat and about a bite each of the beef patty and chicken gyro on Apella’s mixed grill myself. I thought the beef patty wasn’t worth the calories and the chicken gyro was dry. Oh, and before it came I ate too much of their grilled bread and olive tapanade/spread too.

Just sayin.

Give me a couple racks of lamb chops instead any day.

1 Like

yeah we need to get this on the calendar. Im not a doctor JR , but hammering the mixed grill down will not make you a healthier man! Lol

Seal sounds like he might be going for the gold medal!

With the tzakiki and pita bread , along with a side, I can’t fathom how someone can tank this. Then again, I would love to see this feat in person.

CJ need pics of mixed grill…