Restaurants That Have Closed in Houston (and Greater Houston Area)

The only one I would go to is the one on Westheimer at Kirby. All the others are some sort of franchise and are really dumbed down versions of the concept. The last time I went to one near Sugar land it was really awful.

1 Like

Hmmm. Not BBQ or Tex-Mex. I wonder what kind of food it served???

Actually, closely matches a picture of Ding How in the Galvani book, 6800 S. Main, popular in the 1960s when So. Main was restaurant row. I never went, don’t remember it at all other than having come across the name. Might check on the web or search on HAIF for pictures or comments in their defunct restaurants threads. I think that would have been just south of Bellaire/Holcombe.

Picture:

Ding-How, 6800 So. Main, Houston, Texas - Digital Commonwealth](https://www.digitalcommonwealth.org/search/commonwealth:zk51w028z)

Raging discussion:

Ding How Restaurant At 6800 South Main St. - Historic Houston - HAIF - Houston’s original social media (houstonarchitecture.com)

According to a brief comment in the Galvani book they did serve ‘KC Steaks.’

1 Like

South Main immediately came to my mind also, I may have some latent memory of it.

Great work!!

Awesome! I’ll pass it on.

1 Like

I listened to a podcast recently where they said they save money also on front of house, wait staff, dishwashers, I guess there is a central dishwashing system that they share? This was about Finn Hall downtown.

1 Like