Restaurants in Venice

I still havent gotten to Al Covo. Somehow having an american host(ess) and good chocolate cake doest sell it to me, tho I had it on the list for this trip. You must have seen my report - Alle Testiere and Vini da Gigio were both very good.

Thank you so very much Jan (and Jen), I would follow your CH posts back way back when…we are returning to Venezia end of summer and are looking forward to our dining out - we love alla Zucca and Ai Promessi Sposi. We also enjoy a stop at Squero for ciccetti and Nevodi for a casual plate of seafood pasta or yummy soup. Looking forward to trying some of these recommendations will leave a post follow-up.

Has anyone been to Anice Stellato recently?

It was wonderful years ago but then seemed to hit a rough patch at least 6 years ago (change in ownership?) We are thinking about returning in October based on the reviews being posted lately.

Haven’t been since 2018–Here’s what I wrote in my blog back then:
I had reserved Anice Stellato for dinner. It was almost wonderful. Well, sitting there with Ken was wonderful but the food was just short. We started with prosecco and a little amuse buche of fish in a fresh tomato jus. We shared an interesting scallop antipasto. Scallops cooked nicely with a peanut cream, candied lemon and cocoa nibs on top. Almost wonderful but the scallops had no flavor to speak of. I had fish, dentice, with beautiful grilled veggies and Ken had pork in a port wine sauce with different vegetables. Dessert was a very crunchy and delicious, large cookie with yogurt cream and raspberry sauce, playfully plated and the best dish of the night.

I have also heard that it changed hands in the last few years.