Restaurants I go back to 4. Mulan Waltham MA

I have been going here since forever for lunch. Mulan has a very extensive lunch menu with a lot of good stuff on it, and the portions are very generous. I was sorry to see the Lunch Special Combos disappear. The chicken in chili sauce was fierce but soo good. It’s still on the regular menu. I also love the Fish Fillet with Spicy Bean Sauce on the lunch menu. The H&S soup is excellent. Need more heat? Ask for the chili oil. Best deal might be the Pork Chop Noodle Soup. The soup itself is great, and you get a plate of pork chops on the side. The Smoked Duck from the Cold Apps section is another gem that can’t be missed. They are now open seven days a week and parking on the street is free.

1 Like

There was a mention on the Lunar New Year thread that Mulan has a special menu for the frestival that they do not translate. That’s also true of their “traditional” and banquet menus. Can someone here oblige with a translation?

Traditional menu

Banquet menu

This is for the traditional menu only.

Cold appetizers (the prices are listed by how many you order):
House-made sausage
Five spice beef shank (probably sliced)
Bean curd strips “salad”
Seaweed salad
Ma la “delicacies from the mountains”

Other dishes:
Blue crab stir fried with rice cakes
Lobster (scallion, salt/pepper, or served over noodles)
Crunchy bamboo shoots stir fried with beef
Spicy stir fry (this is also on Jo Jo Taipei’s regular menu but I don’t remember what they called it)
Taiwanese style beef tenderloin
Sea cucumber with pork trotter (I assume this is stewed/braised)
Jumbo shrimp with pineapple
Live Lates calcarifer, think this is barramundi? (steamed, braised, black bean sauce, or ma la)
Fish soup with pickled mustard greens
Century egg with tofu

6 Likes

Thanks so much.

wow, thank you. very helpful!