Restaurant News - Late Summer, Fall Edition - NY/CT/LI

Thought I’d start a new thread for the new season for any restaurant, food related new. I’ll start. Does anytlnd have any info on La Tulipe. The French pastry shop in Mt. Kisco? Drove by today and the driveway was blocked off (paving?) and I saw a big “available” sign on the lawn. Maybe they are closed for the end of summer and maybe the sign was for land next door, but I have to wonder.

Hmm, I hope nothing is going on with them. Their website is still up and running. It’s hard to believe they’ve operated out of that tiny building for so long, though, and if they’ve been as successful as it seems then I would think they’d want new digs.

Agreed. That place is small and awkward. One lane driveway going into that small lot in the back and having to walk around front to enter. But oh, those pastries! I hope I misread the signs!

Here’s the Pub Street write up. Ice Cream, let us know!

Café Dolce opened on Mamaroneck Ave., Mamaroneck, in the space that previously operated at Artuso Bakery. It is still a work in progress offering a variety of Italian-themed coffees and beverages, cakes and pastries, gelato, and such food choices as: Cold Antipasto, Cheese and Salami Platters and Focaccia Sandwiches. There is bar and table seating in the front and a lounge area planned for the back…

After a visit to H-Mart in Yonkers I noticed on the other end of the High Ridge Shopping area that the Dickey’s BBQ franchise had closed…

Sweet Charlie’s Thai-inspired ice cream rolls are coming to Mamaroneck Ave., Mamaroneck. They are a Philly-based chain with ice cream shops from Florida to this latest one in Westchester County. There will be a fall opening.
Their website describes it as ice cream prepared on a very cold surface, 20 below degrees, right before your eyes. Apparently, there are street vendors in Thailand that prepare a form of ice cream this way and Sweet Charlie’s has modernized the process…