Restaurant depot - favorite finds

Today’s score was 25# of sugar for $6. The corner of the bag was torn… a little.

I need pictures…

They carry Stanislaus and Escalon canned tomato products from California but only in #10 cans. Stanislaus Tomato Magic ground tomatoes is what I prefer for marinara sauce. Naturally sweet and very high yield vs whole peeled tomatoes.

oday’s scores: 10# ‘Custom Blend’ ground beef which is 80/20 & very tasty for $1.79 per pound. Their brand Romano 20# wheel for $3.19/# I’ll let you know how it tastes.

So I’m bumping this up because I have a question for all those who read this. I have an upcoming event I’m hosting (daughters college graduation party) and Restaurant Depot has been my “go-to” resource when cooking in bulk for parties.

Although I’ve been a member of Costco forever I’ve never really price shopped, it’s the place you go to once a month to “stock up” on toilet paper, paper towels and whatever “sham-wow” they have on display.

Well I compared their beef tenderloin choice at $10.39lbs and their U-15 Shrimp $ 39.99 4 lbs. bag and their prices are equal to or better than Restaurant Depot? Say it ain’t so?

Has anyone else done a comparison between the two? Am I missing something?

Seems high for tenderloin although I haven’t priced it lately. Costco has better prices on some stuff. Butter for instance - not much but enough that I usually buy it at Costco. Vegetable oil & garlic are also cheaper at Costco. Most of the stuff I buy at Costco I buy for the convenience of a smaller package.

Most of the meat I buy which is usually brisket, ground chuck & boneless chicken breast is a lot cheaper at RD. FWIW they sell ‘Custom Grind’ 80/20 beef & it’s really outstanding.

Farmed or wild shrimp/Gulf?

No, Costco does sometimes have better prices than Restaurant Depot, although the difference is usually not so great that I worry too much about it. Restaurant Depot generally has a larger selection in terms of quantity, cut and grade, though.

1 Like

Costco has better shrimp if they’re having a seafood event. I don’t care for their frozen shrimp much.

2 Likes

Googling Restaurant Depot. I’ve not heard of it.

In some locations they are called Jetro

1 Like