Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade

I love watermelon and lemonade, so this is one of my favorite lemonades! I originally came across this recipe which was posted by Nif at Recipezaar. I did however, modify the recipe a bit to my liking. Sometimes when I make this beverage, I’ll add 4 cups of the chopped watermelon, and sometimes I may add 5 cups. Guess the sweetness of the melon determines how much I’d like to add, or if I’d like this to be a bit more tart and tangy, then I’ll just add the 4 cups of the chopped melon.

Refreshing Watermelon Lemonade

4 or 5 cups of chopped watermelon
1-1/8 cups sugar
1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (*See note)
3 cups water

Place watermelon in a blender, and process until smooth.

If desired, strain the watermelon. (I strained it twice, before adding it to the pitcher.)

Add the watermelon juice, sugar, and lemon juice to a 2-quart pitcher. Briskly stir until the sugar is dissolved.

Now add the water, and stir.

Chill watermelon lemonade in the refrigerator.

Serve chilled lemonade with ice, but stir well before serving.

Yields: 56-oz. of “the best” watermelon lemonade ever!

*Note: I found you will need 8 medium to large size lemons, to get 1 and a 1/2 cups of fresh lemon juice.

5 Likes

This sounds very refreshing. Have you tried a scaled down version? I’m afraid 56 oz is a bit much for me. I tend to make my lemonade in 24-32 oz batches so it doesn’t last more than a day or two in the fridge.

1 Like

No I haven’t Kim. Sometimes I end up sharing larger amounts of beverages with others. But if I didn’t, this lemonade wouldn’t last long in the fridge anyway. Between my husband and I, this lemonade disappears quickly. Kim, just reduce the ingredients by half.

3 Likes

I’ll give it a try!

1 Like

I wouldn’t strain out the solids. It’s a waste of healthy, drinkable fiber. People pay big bucks for smoothies, after all.

2 Likes