[Redwood City] El Paisa by Los Alegres taco truck

Since I am in Redwood City every week these days, I get to try something different each time.

I was looking for good tacos close to the south side of RWC along Middlefield, and El Paisa delivered. And since its not named variations of El Grullense, I can actually remember the name. :rofl:

One of the two partners came from Guatemala, the other came from CDMX, Mexico. So pastor was a must try for me.

In short, get the suadero, pastor, lengua. Skip the pollo.

The suadero was great. A little bit crispy along the edges so the texture was great. Good double tortilla and salsa. I liked this the best among the 4 types we got.

Pastor got little chunks of pineapples. Forgot to poke my head in to see if they had a split in the truck.

Kids wanted the chicken so I got them chicken with salsa on the side. Get the more excited tacos above.

They park right outside OSH, which is on the opposite side of the parking lot to Costco. No wait at lunch on Saturday.

8 Likes

I believe this truck made a recent Sf Chron best of? Or am i misremembering?

No matter where, we always order at least one lengua and have yet to be disappointed.

1 Like

I looked it up- this is what Caesar Hernandez wrote:

Opened in late 2022, El Paisa by Los Alegres is a Mexico City-style taqueria complete with the requisite, sluggishly rotating al pastor trompo. The snack-size tacos ($2.95) come on double yellow corn tortillas with classic Mexico City options like sweet-spiced al pastor with a tangy slice of piña and rich suadero, a confited beef cut prized in the Distrito Federal. But the most interesting is the lengua taco ($4). Instead of meat cubes, the taqueria slices the smooth, incredibly tender tongue into slabs about the size of the tortilla. All the tacos are sparsely salted — an old-school taqueria move — but each plate comes with a packet of salt. Sprinkle it on and eat at the communal table, or over the hood of your car.

I liked their pastor but I still liked the pastors in D.F. more. Competition there is fierce…

I do the same as well, but last weekend I was getting tacos at a different place in Redwood City, and made a mental note to order lengua when I read the menu, and ended up forgetting.

1 Like

made a mental note to order lengua when I read the menu, and ended up forgetting.

It’s a mindless ritual for us. Now, imagine our having to scramble when we hear that one of our two go-to kitchens ran out. First World problem. We’ll just have a nice lunch and go back, after all, the birria is reliably as tasty.

1 Like

Returned for more suadero, pastor, asada and lengua tacos, with salsa on the side. Yum.

6 Likes

All looks good. Especially the lengua!!!

1 Like