[Redwood City] El Atoron Tacos & Ceviche

Family taco stand across the street from the pupusa lady on Dumbarton Ave. No tostada ceviches or tostada aguachile that day- only available in the warmer season. Also no pescado. They are a family business. The mom did the cooking. The son did the ordering and serving. The dad and daughter did the setting up. They basically a small corner of the lot of a body shop.

So I picked from the rest of the menu.

Quesabirria tacos. I quite enjoyed the birria de res inside the grilled cheese tacos.

The son recommended the sopes so I got a couple of them with suadero and asada. The tortilla was well fried.

Tacos with pastor, suadero, pollo. The tortilla was quite well made. Pastor and suadero were nicely marinated and the suadero was well grilled. Not quite as transcendent as the suadero at El Paisa, but it is still plenty good. Pollo was again for the kid and was ok. I liked the ‘regular’ tacos actually a bit more than their quesabirria taco. Perhaps I should get the birria de res in their regular taco.

Later they wheeled out the trompo and some grill onto the sidewalk. I think its better to come later in the day when they had the whole set up ready. I came at noon on Saturday.

Totally forgot to order lengua and tripa.

Yelp got the wrong address and hours. They are actually at the corner of Dumbarton/ Middlefield. They don’t open on Mondays. Last time I was at the pupusa lady across the street on a Monday evening, and El Atoron wasn’t there.

8 Likes