Redemption Asbury Park Feast - Who's in?

He has left.

Sounds as though Chef MD is becoming NJ’s version of NYC’s Ryan Skeen. For those not familiar with Skeen, his pattern is being appointed chef usually at a new restaurant but remaining in that position for a short period of time before on to the next. At this point, I’ve lost count of how many restaurant kitchens he’s headed within the past few years. It will be interesting to see where Chef MD turns up next. I should add that I’ve never eaten Chef MD’s food (or Skeens’).

My Blog
My Flickr

Just saw this on Chowhound:

Got an alert from their Facebook page today that their page name was changed to Skratch

a post says
Its all about the details…stay tuned we will be serving you guys sooner than you think!

‪#‎skratchap‬ ‪#‎eatery‬ ‪#‎bar‬ ‪#‎lounge‬ ‪#‎farmtotable‬ ‪#‎locallysourced‬ ‪#‎craftcocktails‬ ‪#‎comfortfood‬ ‪#‎gastropub‬ ‪#‎asburypark‬ ‪#‎asburyeats‬ ‪#‎asburyparknj‬ ‪#‎thesocialgroup‬ ‪#‎r3ventures‬

(me) WAH.

Your loss on not having eaten ChefMD’s food Roz - the man is an artist. I hope he resurfaces soon. He said he does not fit in with the new investor’s plan for the former Redemption.

I know that Carlos O’Conner, that irish mexican place in Red Bank, is on his way out. Maybe we can put in a place of our own there? Any thoughts my HOs?

I’m still processing…there’s an IRISH MEXICAN place??? :anguished:

Is CO’C closing or re-inventing? They’re making money with Johnny’s Pork Roll and that model could used a brick and mortar spot.

Closing and selling the business ( whatever that means since I know they don’t own the building). Apologies to Curlz for being flip but COC always sounded that way to me ;o)

1 Like

He has to be there close to 20 years, I’m pretty sure they were there when I moved into the area 20+ years ago. To be in business that long, I haven’t really heard much good or bad about the place, is/does he do any business? Is there any actual value to the business / good will?

Care to elaborate on “Maybe we can put in a place of our own”…

Definitely been there that long. We’ve been in the area the same amount of time, and it was one of the first places we ate at with local friends.

I think we ate there one more time in the 20 years since :smiley:

Que? Not familiar, is this a physical location or just a product?

It’s a truck the COC guy owns/co-owns.

I see a restaurant for HOs and by HOs. We could make the kind of place we want to eat at…

1 Like

I would like to apply for the HOstess position, if I may. :laughing:

HOmemade food.
HOrs d’oeuvres.

Oh HO! :slight_smile: Please make it stop…