Recommendations in Mallorca

We are planning a four day visit to Mallorca, having reserved a hotel on the northwest coast near Deia. As we will be forty minutes from Palma, we are unlikely to be doing a lot of eating there. That said, I would appreciate recommendations closer to our hotel – in Deia, Soller, Port de Soller, etc.

Two in Port de Soller (recommended by Mrs Harters who visits fairly regularly - her sister is married to a guy from Soller, although they live in the UK now):

Agapanto - great location on the beach. Cuisine is more Modern European than strictly Spanish

Es Canyis - it’s been there for years. Certainly there when I first visited some 35 years ago. Best place in the port for paella.

Was in Soller a few years ago - beautiful area! In the town, I can recommend Luna 36. In the port I went to Kingfisher a few times. In Palma De Mallorca I hear very good things about El Camino, part of the group that also runs the wonderful and authentic Barrafina in London.

If you still need to book a hotel I can highly recommend Finca Ca’s Sant in Soller.

Another vote for Luna 36 in Sóller. It was lovely with pretty interior garden, and our hosts at The Salvia (a beautiful property with pool) told us it was now the best in town. We were there this past June.

Also in Sóller, for casual tapas we dined at C’an Pintxo and took advantage of the special 3-course market lunch menu at Ca’n BoQueta.

In Port de Sóller we enjoyed several small plates meals at El Sabor, near the tram line stop, before
reaching the harbor and the Hotel Espléndido–another recommendation of our hosts.

1 Like