Recent trip to Paris

They are always like that. If not their food is okay, judging their service this place should be closed long time ago. Only once there was a lady that was nicer. That night I had my telephone snatched in the metro, husband ran after the guy for some 15 minutes and got it back. He told the story to the lady while waited for me to arrive in the restaurant.

No, we won’t be coming this year. We won’t be going anywhere this year.

As for Alliance and Virtus, I do like Alliance better, but the comparison is not entirely fair, because we’ve only been to Virtus once, but we’ve eaten at Alliance 3 or 4 times. Alliance is a bit more upscale.

Too bad about MontĂ©e. I hope that losing a star won’t hurt their business. It won’t keep us from going back.

1 Like

Ah, Paris! Is it safe to start thinking about travel to Paris again? We’d planned a few days there, including another meal at L’Ami Jean and some other favorites before hustling over to Germany to start a Danube Cruise. The EU seems a hot mess in handling the vaccine, so I’m holding off on plans

Right now, we have no lockdown but curfew at 18h. All restaurants are closed, only takeaway in certain restaurants. Malls, museums, cinemas are all closed. Smaller shops are opened. No date of reopening is announced. Voyagers from zones outside Europe is very restricted and limited to reasons listed on the form on the government website.

I would say summer, when the vaccination shortage is over and the weather warm enough for the menace of virus is lower.

1 Like

Fingers crossed. I’m not sure when the Much Better Half will be comfortable with the Metro.

Try to avoid peak hours, which is crowded with touching shoulders. Mask is required by law. I took last week and survived!! :sweat_smile:

Maybe the Fall. I’m still hoping for the adenine cruise (in part for an excuse to go to Paris)

Have you been to Jouvence, right by the Louvre. We liked it a lot

In the 12Ăšme? Heard some good things but nope. Restaurants have been closed since October, miss that!!!

Wow!

“would say summer, when the vaccination shortage is over and the weather warm enough for the menace of virus is lower.”

Oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please

Yes! The thief was annoyed that H didn’t let go of him, he said I was just playing around, here take it back! Persistence paid. Luckily it was not violent.

3 Likes

That must be some phone!

I still had it in the drawer, quite a souvenir. H warned me that it would be the last time he could still ran after a 19 year old, it was tough. :weary:

2 Likes

Correction — Le Fumoir is the one by the Louvre.

And apologies for the typos.

Good to know you’re well. Did you eat out a lot?

Did we eat out a lot? Twice a day.

Our favorites were, in order of preference, Alliance, MontĂ©e, Virtus, Istr, Le Petit Pontoise, Le Louis Vins, Boullion Racine. We also had a nice meal at Gao Thom, Saveurs d’Asie, which I think you introduced us to some 5 years ago.

We also had a great sandwich at Chez Alain Miam Miam.

8 Likes

color me GREEN! le sigh

2 Likes

Tell more!

Long time we haven’t return, i don’t know if it’s the same owner all these years.

If possible, can you describe a bit more all your meal? I’ve proposed H an Alliance lunch a while ago, but he chose another restaurant instead

We’ve eaten at Alliance 4 or 5 times on previous trips, usually in the evening. This time we went with Parisian friends who had never been there. The lunch, if I remember correctly, consisted of three courses.
But there were so many amuses bouches and amuses gueules that one of our friends kept asking if we had already had the first course. Everything was excellent. Sorry that I can’t remember the details. Our friends were highly impressed. We were the last customers in the restaurant. Shortly before we left, the chef came to the table and asked, “C’etait bon?” Our friend answered, “Non, c’etait pas bonl C’etait superbe!” I can highly recommend Alliance.