Recent recs for Hilton Head? [South Carolina]

Family reunion upcoming mid-September on Hilton Head. Looking for recs from Onions, especially outdoor dining options (still reluctant to dine indoors).

Likely going to a wedding there in October. Still Covid concerned, more about planes, airports, and group gathering, as we’ll probably be 7 1/2 months from second vaccination and it doesn’t look like boosters will be approved soon enough.

If we DO go I’m really interested in the responses here, especially things Gullah.

I call planes covid tubes. I’m not getting on one.

1 Like

Also places for hijinks and all sorts of mayhem, currently, it seems :scream_cat:

1 Like

Bumping this up, as I’m headed to HH for the first time in early April. Any/all recs are appreciated by this NJ poster! Thanks.

1 Like

I have a few recent blog posts on Hilton Head. My favorite restaurant is Red Fish. The Lucky Rooster also was a hit. Both have outdoor seating. The SERG restaurant group , https://serggroup.com/serg-restaurants/,dominates Hilton Head, and all of their places do a good job and serve fresh seafood. Skull Creek, Dockside, and the Black Marlin are on the water, as are others I can’t recall offhand.

Definitely go to Bluffton, which has a nice little historic district. Have breakfast there at the Squat and Gobble. Also, rent a bike to ride on the beach.

If you’re driving down, you’ll need this – https://johntannersbbqblog.wordpress.com/2021/11/04/best-places-to-eat-near-i-95-between-washington-dc-and-miami-and-on-to-key-west-2021/

2 Likes

Thanks, @johntannerbbq ! Not sure why I didn’t get a notification that you had replied to this - much appreciated! I’m flying down but will take a look at the HH spots and report back. :slight_smile:

Enjoy! And I’m very much interested in learning of additional places in the area

1 Like

It’s going to be an interesting trip in terms of who cares about Food (so far, me) but I’ll have a car, so I’m determined to find some interesting spots!

If you’re driving down, there are a host of very good spots not too far from the interstate.

Thanks but we’re flying…

1 Like