Recent eats [Greater Boston]

[I should start a kid-centric thread one of these days…Notice how we pair up meals/drinks with some kid event?! :wink:]

We’ve enjoyed a few kid-friendly weekend lunches/early dinners recently:

-Highland Fried was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday afternoon (though the front room did fill up as we were leaving). B loved his fried chicken while my dan dan noodles were just ok (too salty an not spicy enough…I felt like it was just soy sauce-flavored). Buttermilk biscuits were tasty (though I’m not a biscuit snob) and the service was friendly. We headed to the MIT Museum afterwards.

-Early dinner at Friendly Toast at the Burlington Mall was fine. The place was PACKED a couple of Friday evenings ago. Any concerns I had about this place surviving in the mall were dismissed (at least on that night). Same funky interior/staff/food. My falafel wrap was fine, B loved his burger and spring onion loved the commotion! Fries were fried in old/not hot enough oil.

-Sunday lunch at Battle Road before Jam Time in Maynard. As always, the food was really good (salmon BLT for B; black bean burger for me, which was slathered in nicely garlicky guacamole). Fries were excellent.

5 Likes

I love when you post wrap-ups like this.

2 Likes

Me, too! Always fun and helpful.

2 Likes

Now I want to try Battle Road. Sounds just right for a winter outing. Thanks!

1 Like

Keep in mind that the portions are huge. I can usually only eat 1/2 sandwich and eating a leftover sandwich even the same day is, to me, no fun.

1 Like