Raw water- the latest fad

More like swamp or puddle water, I think.

2 Likes

In a high school art class, our assignment was to make up an advertisement for a ridiculous product. Everyone else made up some really science fiction-y things.

I made up bottled water. They all laughed. What a crazy idea!

This is a true story. I refuse to tell you how old I am.

6 Likes

EVIAN spelled backwards is?? :wink:

At least we thought so in earlier times wondering what idiots would pay for water. Or, cable tv??!!

3 Likes

That $16.49 could make a measurable difference:

Go to https://livespringwater.com/pages/the-difference for a good laugh.
Here’s a sample:
“Blasting water with ozone changes it’s molecular structure.
Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation uses synthetic ultraviolet light, different from our natural environment UV, to kill or inactivate micro-organisms by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting their DNA. A hard fact to swallow, but your drinking water might be considered a genetically modified organism. GMO seeds and GMO water don’t have the capacity to reproduce life.”

I know… Make you wonder how many ridiculous claims you can cramp in two sentences.

1 Like

Water has genes? I’ve forgotten more of my high school biology than I realized.

1 Like

The paragraph has so many life-changing questions.

Does Water have genes? Is Water an organism? Are YOU a genetically modified organism – since your gene is different than your mom’s and your dad’s? Are you still the same person after a suntan?

You can literally stop at every word of the paragraph and simply be awe and appreciate the the amount of “life altering” questions it raises.

1 Like

NOW I’M GOING TO BE UP ALL NIGHT.

1 Like

I work in a tiny gear of the water industry…the industry is having a collective spasm at this fad.

One of the most poignant comments was that a child dies every 90 seconds for want of clean drinking water…And yet these idiots are happy to pay premium prices to return to health standards that humankind has been trying to fix for thousands of years.

1 Like

I know… I was going to say… isn’t it our global goal to provide clean drinking water for so many little kids who do not have access. This is like a slap in the face. They should just donate money to those kids.

1 Like

Seth Pruzansky, the chief executive of Tourmaline Spring (whose website touts its “sacred living” water), got an exemption from the State of Maine in 2009 to sell his water untreated.

Question: if people fell sick because of consuming this bottled raw water, can they sue the company, just like any other product? Or the government because they allow this on sale?!

“Opal spring where we source our water is from an ancient aquifer that we have extensively tested and has shown no harmful contamination what so ever. Water is collected from the covered spring head, so there is no chance for surface bacterias to enter the water. Our bottling facility is a sterile environment in which we triple rinse and wash our glass jugs. We also test each batch for harmful bacteria, and no one has ever gotten sick from drinking the water we bottle. The town of Madras Oregon trusts the water so much that they have been drinking unprocessed Opal Spring Water from the tap for over half a century.”

I am seriously trying to decode this…

1. The untreated water has tons of bacteria and contaminates, and the company is just putting a brave face (if not a lying face).
  2. In fact, the company are sanitizing the water, but somehow they definite the process as natural or untreated. Maybe they ran the water through some filters to remove bacteria
  3. Somehow they really found a water source with no bacteria?!

I have a feeling it’s more this, good marketing for those tech startup firms.

Even if the raw water is clean enough, the fact that it is “trapped in a bottle”, it will become green quickly.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/blogs/sideshow/more-people-access-cell-phones-toilets-010850961.html

1 Like