Rai Rai Ramen [NJ, North Brunswick]

This is a great ramen spot. Appears to be Chinese run but it’s totally legit and worth checking out. Their eggs are master level and chashu is pretty close to perfect as well. Their fried rice tastes like it’s got a metric fuckton of MSG in it, in the best way possible. Every bite is like an umami nuke just detonated in your mouth hole.

Really tasty fried chicken appetizer also. A++ would dine again.

2 Likes

I ordered some kind of ramen soup. I didn’t like it at all. The broth was boring.

I love the pork braised rice here. I could eat a few of those and call that a meal. It was ground pork, rather than chunks or that stringy meat like BBQ joints have, which I do not like. I only like it ground.

My friend had some chicken dish and the chicken was totally uncooked. We have not been back here since.

I’ll go back for the pork rice any day, however my friend is on the fence about going or not.

Be warned, weekends can get busy here. Specially nights.

Regretfully, I have been there once. Definitely run by Chinese (probably Taiwanese if i have to guess) but they are doing it right.
Lovely the place and wish it is closer to where I live. Loved the fried chicken; could eat that all day.