Quebec City Itinerary

All,

I hope this finds everyone well.

I am in QC for a 3 day holiday next month; we are big food enthusiasts and when we travel, where and what we eat is a very dominant factor. Our restaurant tastes are eclectic but tend towards more modern ambience. We value quality over all else (quantity, price, etc) - whether it be high end dining or a sandwich cart.

These are the places we have marked to attend:
Chez Rioux & Pettigrew
L’Affair Est Ketchup
Taniere 3

For non-dinner pursuits:
Chez Temporel (for croissant)
Le Chic Shack
Franky Johnny

1. Are there places we are missing that we shouldn’t, and if so, what should we sub out? L’Affair and Taniere seem so different and the latter so special occasion worthy. Chez Rioux we are less sure about, but it looks great.
  2. Any special coffee/pastry type places for a daytime snack that are a must?
  3. Any very good food in New Hampshire when driving in/back (from Boston area)?

Thank you so very much for your input!

1 Like

Sorry, I am not on this board much. If you haven’t already been there, a few comments:
Taniere3 was one of the best meals we have had this past year. We didn’t go to Chic Shack on our most recent trip, but we enjoyed it thorough previously. Bleu Marine is also very good and if you want a fine old school outine, check out Casse-Croute Chez Gaston. For Quebecois greatest hits, we have enjoyed La Buche. And do have cocktails at 1608 in the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac.

2 Likes

No worries! Thank you very much. I actually have been already. It was a WONDERFUL trip. For those looking to plan in the future:

• Taniere3 was a high water mark type of meal. There is no world in which I could not recommend this enough to a food enthusiast.
  • L’Affair Est Ketchup was incredible and I highly recommend. Excellent service, good contrast to the Taniere3 experience, very high quality. We loved it.
  • Chez Rioux and Pettigrew was also lovely, a great setting and a reasonable and not overwhelming tasting menu. It is in 3rd place only as the other two were just phenomenal.
  • Chez Temporel croissant is a must.
  • Breakfast at Chez Muffy was lovely.
  • Lunch at Franky Johnny was incredibly satisfying.
  • Maple dipped ice cream at La Petite Cabane a Sucre de Quebec is a wonderful find amongst the knick-knack stores and a way to enjoy an incomparably beautiful Old City.

Non Food:
Bar Ste Angele was an amazing old-school type of jazz club. Predominantly locals and a great way to experience a non-touristy side of the Old City.

We stayed at Auberge Saint Antoine. HIGHLY recommend. Gorgeous hotel with character.

3 Likes