Pringles just unveiled a $140 collab with The Caviar Co.

I wonder what caviar + Cheetos would be like.

1 Like

I think you need to try it. For science.

2 Likes

They one of the weakest chips from Torres

1 Like

I think these Chinese shrimp chips probably best replicate what a caviar flavored Pringle would taste like.

Salty, fishy, crunchy and not a potato starch in sight. Just like Pringles.

3 Likes

I think you’re right.

1 Like

You never know, It might be good. I have some cheap stuff, I might have to give it a try just to amuse myself. It sounds texturally strange. Maybe I’ll try it with Doritos instead. I’ll have to wait until I in the mood for sparkling wine or something else to cut through all that salt.

The trout roe one seems vastly overpriced. The convenience does not get close to be worth it. Of course, someone buying something like this probably does not care about cost much. They don’t even tell you how much you are getting. Most of the price comes for the cost of the box. Is September fools a thing?

2 Likes

Me too. I can go through a tube in one sitting. I think I love potato chips more than frites.

2 Likes

There is nothing you can do to a potato that I won’t like. Except maybe throw bacon all over it.

1 Like

You might enjoy this, then: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/caviar-dip-recipe.html

I add more sour cream and have used whitefish roe. I serve this with potato chips and would consider getting lightly salted.

…novelty and meme-ability and participation in a pop culture phenomenon. :blush:

Yep! My local news station did a story (advertisement) on it this morning, so the story is getting good play. Like that stupid chip challenge where people paid, I think, $6+ for one chip. It came with a coupon for a bag of chips but that is still a lot for a bag+1 chip.

Wait…wait…it’s a marketing campaign? *faints

1 Like

I imagine it might be fun to be in marketing these days and come up with this stuff. I was going to write that I am just surprised by how many people fall for the gimmick but that would be a lie. I guess I won’t be joining you on the fainting couch. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Earlier this year, Pringles had a sour cream and yuzu flavor … in Japan. That was neat.
Haven’t a clue as to what’s going on with chip flavors now in the U.S. (I reserve chip/crisp consumption for the U.K and Japan, although Thailand does punch above its weight in that category, too)

2 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of flavored chips - I think they all taste like some combination of citric acid and sugar. Are they better in other countries? And does Pringles use a less horrible grease on their chips in Japan?

For science! Also, because I was pretty sure it would taste good (it did). Trader Joe’s Sea Salt Saddles with creme fraiche, skinny leeks and lump fish caviar.

IMG_1167

6 Likes

Yum. I’d like that, please. I bet it would be even better on their super dark russet chips.

Have you tried it? Caviar on potatoes has been popular for decades , and on chips about one decade. It’s delicious. Served at many restaurants in cities.

You’re a bit late to the discussion. I’d initially and, turns out, mistakenly assumed this was a new pringles flavor, not a kit.

I prefer my caviar on actual potatoes (freshly fried chips are fine), ideally with crème fraÎche.