Prime 16, Pelham for good burgers, salads and beer...

Prime 16 in Pelham opened about a year ago and has become one of the best burger/tap houses in the area. They have other operations in Orange and New Haven, CT.
Last night we were in the mood for a good burger & salad-type meal. On prior visits we would start with their Wings classic buffalo-style. There are several sauces to choose from, but we passed this time. I went straight at The Smoker Burger loaded with smoked gouda, smoked Applewood bacon, sautéed onion and crimini mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, served with a side of garlic aioli. Came with good fries. A really good, flavorful burger, and it came out medium as requested.
We also ordered their Southwestern Avocado Salad, the bowl filled with romaine tossed in a tasty tequila lime vinaigrette with fresh avocado, candied bacon, roasted southwest chickpeas, julienned potato chips and pico de gallo. Nice colorful presentation, too.
Their craft beer list changes regularly and on this night I had a glass of Peeper Ale and Allagash White, both favorites from Maine…

1 Like

Thanks for posting, GR. My husband loves Maine beer co and you don’t see it often here so that’s a draw for sure.

Returned to Prime 16 last night for a meal at the bar. The dining room was already bustling with families early on. We started with a round of Peepers Ale from Maine Brewing Co. Like it so, especially since our recent visit to their brewery in Freeport, Maine. This time I went for the NY Steakhouse Burger, seasoned ground beef with cracked black pepper, muenster cheese, micro greens, tomato onion aioli, and pickled mustard seed. It came with fries. Meltingly juicy and delicious! My SO ordered their new Banh Mi Salmon, wild Alaskan salmon filet topped with Asian slaw, butter head lettuce, and wasabi aioli on a banh mi roll (actually was more of a brioche roll). It turned out fine and tasty, too. Came with a small fresh salad.